How can I get my free access to Spider Online?
All Spider amp owners can join Spider Online, a unique online resource that has over 500 guitar lessons, amp tones, backing tracks and more – totally free! All you need to do is create a line6.com account, register your Spider amp and start jamming.
Learn more about Spider Online!
What's so special about Spider® IV amplifiers?
Spider IV guitar amps redefine what is sonically possible from modeling amplifiers. Each one delivers an inspiring collection of amp models, extraordinary effects and a truly evolved playing experience.
Do some Spider IV amps really have presets dialed in by rock stars?
Of course! We had a constant stream of our favorite guitarists visiting Line 6, roaming the halls and using Spider IV amps to dial in their own signature tones. (It was pretty cool, we have to admit.) Get all their great tones in Spider IV 75, 120 150 and HD150.
What about Spider IV 15 and 30?
Spider IV 15 and 30 provide perfectly distilled combinations of amp models that all guitarists need in their collections. The wide ranges of tones start strong with bright and distinctive American clean tones. They open gradually to achieve the vintage grit and chime of classic British tones and then continue to searing high-gain tones dialed in for shredding!
In how many configurations are Spider IV amps available?
The Spider IV family includes five combos (15-watt 1x8, 30-watt 1x12, 75-watt 1x12, 120-watt 2x10, and 150-watt 1x12) and a 150-watt head.
What's the best cabinet for use with Spider IV HD150?
We recommend the Spider 412 slanted cab. Its burly construction and four 12-inch Celestion® speakers make it the perfect pairing for Spider IV HD150.
What's with the upgradeable amp platform?
As you grow as a player, your Spider IV amplifier can grow with you! Via FBV™ MkII foot controllers, you can easily update your amplifier with Line 6 firmware releases and exciting future upgrades and expansions.
Spider IV amplifiers work with foot controllers?
Yes! FBV foot controllers pair perfectly with Spider IV amplifiers. Choose the simple channel-switching capability of FBV2™, the volume/wah and preset control of FBV Express™ MkII or the full-on remote-control flexibility of FBV Shortboard™ MkII!
What's manual mode?
Manual mode (available in Spider IV 75, 120, 150 and HD150) is for players who desire a more traditional amplifier experience.
• Out of manual mode, choosing an amp model dictates the settings of the other front-panel knobs (EQ, Drive, FX, etc)
• In manual mode, choosing an amp model does not dictate the settings of the other front-panel knobs.
Do Spider IV amps have new effects?
Yes, Spider IV 75, 120, 150 and HD150 have plenty of new effects! We're very excited to announce the new Quick Loop, pitch effects, the adjustable Noise Gate that can be customized with any preset, the custom Boost settings and so much more.
What's Quick Loop?
Quick Loop is a really exciting new feature of Spider IV 75, 120, 150 and HD150. It's a 14-second looper that can be used in a number of cool ways.
• Quick Loop can help you write songs, practice solos, jam and more. Routing Quick Loop "post" the amp model lets you record and play over multiple guitar parts. For example you can record a clean rhythm track, loop it, choose a lead tone, and then rip solos over the clean rhythm track.
• Running Quick Loop "pre" the amp model lets you audition your guitar tone. You can play a riff, loop it, take your hands off the guitar, and then dial in your tone while the loop plays back. This is a great Line 6 innovation!
• FBV MkII foot controllers make using Quick Loop a snap! Control the looper with your feet and keep your hands on your guitar!
What are the new pitch effects?
Smart Harmony and Pitch Glide are the new pitch effects in Spider IV 75, 120, 150 and HD150.
• Smart Harmony is worth the price of the amp alone! Fast-tracking, easy-to-use, and our first intelligent pitch shifter, Smart Harmony lets you turn that 6-string into a 12-string and so much more! You can harmonize using major, minor, pentatonic major, pentatonic minor, whole tone and diminished scales (but you don't have to know music theory to use it).
• Pitch Glide is most effectively used with an FBV™ MkII foot controller. Use the foot pedal to smoothly shift your tone up or down to any interval within a four-octave range. This effect can be calibrated to semitones (half steps) or even in 10-cent increments to create cool chorus/detuning effects.
There's an adjustable Noise Gate!?
That's right! The Noise Gate includes an adjustable low-pass filter (called NR) and its settings can be customized within any preset.
Boost gives you the perfect punch of volume to make your solos really pop. Spider IV 75, 120, 150 and HD150 let you customize Boost settings within either (or both) the pre and post gain (up to +8 dB)!
What kind of speakers are in Spider IV amplifiers?
Spider IV 30, 75, 120, 150 and HD150 boast custom Celestion® speakers; Spider IV features a custom 8-inch speaker.
Keep your Spider® IV up to date!
Does your Spider IV amplifier have all the newest bells and whistles? Spider IV firmware updates can include new amp and effect models, and other cool features. Getting started is easy: All you need to do is connect an FBV™ MkII foot controller to your amp and your computer, run Line 6 Monkey™ intelligent updater, and follow the step-by-step instructions.