Line 6, Inc.
US Web Store Terms and Conditions of Sale
About These Terms and Conditions
- 1.1 Please read these terms and conditions (the "Terms") carefully. They contain important information about your rights and obligations as well as limitations and exclusions that apply to you. These Terms and any contract between Line 6, Inc. ("Line 6") and yourself, are only available in English.
- 1.3 If you are or have purchased Products from a third party retailer or reseller, these Terms do not apply to you and you should refer to the terms and conditions of sale of the relevant retailer or reseller.
- 1.4 These Terms only apply to purchases made in and delivered to addresses located within the United States of America. For sales to be delivered outside the U.S., please refer to Line 6’s terms and conditions applicable to the country in which delivery is to take place.
- 1.5 You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase Products from this Web Store.
- 1.6 You agree that these Terms apply to your purchase of the Products. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Products from the Web Store. We recommend that you print a copy of these Terms or save a copy to your computer for future reference after placing an order.
- 2.1 "Line 6" refers to Line 6, Inc. a California corporation located at 25680 Agoura Road, Calabasas, California 91302.
- 2.2 "License Manager" means Line 6’s free software utility that enables the delivery and functionality of your Line 6 License Order Software purchases.
- 2.3 "Line 6 License Order" means the purchase and delivery of one or more Software Products in a single transaction delivered by internet download to your computer that requires activation using the Line 6 License Manager.
- 2.4 "Limited Warranty" means the manufacturers limited warranty accompanying most Hardware.
- 2.5 "iLok License Order" means the purchase and delivery of one or more Software Products in a single transaction delivered by internet download that requires the deposit of an iLok License into an iLok hardware device to authenticate the software.
- 2.6 "Product" or "Products" means those Line 6 products and accessories described in your order confirmation and purchase receipt (each delivered by email to the email address provided by you to Line 6). The Product does not include packaging.
- 2.7 "Purchase Receipt" means the email confirmation sent to you confirming our acceptance of your order and dispatch of the Products.
- 2.8 "Hardware" means a physical Product (including boxed software) that is delivered to you by Line 6 or our fulfillment partners to your physical shipping address.
- 2.9 "Software" means a downloadable software-only Product that is delivered to you by Line 6 to your computer via the internet.
- 2.10 "Website" means the website operated by Line 6 and located at the URL: http://www.line6.com/.
- 2.11 "Web Store" means the online store operated by Line 6, and/or its designated third party agent, located at the URL: http://www.line6.com/store.
- 3.1 Hardware Products -
- Upon placing an order for Hardware, you will receive (A) an onscreen confirmation, which we suggest you print for your records, and (B) an e-mail confirmation from Line 6 acknowledging the order.
- Upon shipment of the order, you will receive a Purchase Receipt via e-mail that will include your order number, ship date, ship-to address and tracking number.
- 3.2 Software Products -
- Upon placing an order for Software, you will receive (A) an onscreen confirmation, which we suggest you print for your records, and (B) a Purchase Receipt via e-mail acknowledging the order and providing activation instructions.
- 4.1 Prices offered on the Web Store are in U.S. dollars.
- 4.2 Prices do not include shipping and handling, expedited service, or sales tax if applicable, which will be added to your total invoice price and provided to you both before you place your order and in your order confirmation. You are responsible for any shipping and handling charges and state and local sales and use taxes that may apply to your order.
- 4.3 Prices and configurations advertised on the Web Store are subject to change without notice or obligation prior to acceptance of your order. We take reasonable care to ensure the prices of Products are correct when entered on the Web Store. If we discover an error in the price of a Product you ordered, we will notify you at the email address provided by you. Changes to pricing will not affect any order which we have confirmed with a Purchase Receipt.
- 4.4 Your total price for the Products will be stated on your Purchase Receipt.
Delivery – Hardware Products
- 5.1 Line 6 will deliver all Hardware Products to the delivery address stated on your order. Delivery will be completed when the Hardware is transferred to the carrier (UPS, Federal Express, DHL, etc.) for shipment to the address you provided to us. The Hardware will be your responsibility from the completion of delivery to the carrier and you will own the Hardware once we have received payment in full, including all applicable delivery charges.
- 5.2 The cost of shipping and handling will be shown on your Purchase Receipt. Line 6 will inform you of estimated shipment dates, but it will not be responsible for delays in delivery due to events beyond its control, including shortage of materials, labor strikes, transportation failures, or acts of god.
- 5.3 You must examine the Hardware upon receipt. If any item is damaged or missing, you must notify Line 6 within ten days from the date of delivery.
- 5.4 Line 6 will not deliver Hardware outside of the United States.
Delivery – Software Products
- 6.1 Purchases and delivery of Software products can be completed using the Line 6 License Order or iLok License Order.
- 6.2 Line 6 License Orders are delivered by internet download to your computer, and require activation of the Software using only Line 6’s License Manager utility tool. You will receive one (1) license per order that can be managed in your user account's "Purchase History" page.
- 6.3 iLok License Orders are delivered by internet download into an iLok hardware device via your computer. To facilitate delivery, the iLok License is delivered to your Line 6 Account. From your Line 6 Account you can download the iLok License into an iLok hardware device using your computer. You will receive one (1) iLok Deposit License per Software Product purchased. You can activate and manage your iLok licenses on the iLok Deposits page www.ilok.com/ilm.
- 7.1 You can only pay for Products using a debit card, credit card or gift cards featuring the Visa®, Master Card® or American Express® logos. PayPal and checks are not accepted.
- 7.2 We will not charge your credit, debit or gift card until we dispatch your order.
- 8.1 You may return most new, boxed and unopened Hardware Products within thirty (30) days of your purchase thereof, except electronic parts that have been installed, opened software, and iLok Licenses cannot be returned.
- 8.2 Shipping and Handling charges are not refundable.
- 8.3 You are responsible for the Products until they are received by Line 6.
- 8.4 You will be charged shipping and handling or a twenty percent (20%) restocking fee for all returned Hardware Products.
- 8.5 All returned Products must be in the same condition as you received them. THIS RETURN POLICY IS NOT A WARRANTY.
- 8.6 Line 6 will not accept the return of any products you purchased from a retailer or reseller.
- 8.7 Return Hardware: To return a new unopened boxed Hardware Product please follow these steps:
- A. Call Line 6 Customer Support at 818-575-3600;
Visit the Website; click on "Sign In", log into your Line 6 Account; and click on "Open a Support Ticket".
- B. Upon creation of your Support Ticket, our customer support staff will contact you via email at the address you provided. Upon determining the reason for the return, faulty or not faulty, a return merchandise authorization (“RMA”) number and a courier return call tag will be created and emailed to you.
- C. You must return the Hardware within thirty (30) days following the date your received your RMA number. Please note: You have a legal obligation to keep the Product(s) in your possession and to take reasonable care while they are in your possession.
- D. Upon receipt and inspection of the Hardware Product, Line 6 will refund your original purchase price and related sales taxes, excluding shipping and handling, to the credit or debit card used to pay for the Product.
- 8.8 Return Software - Line 6 License: Line 6 will gladly provide a full refund of any Line 6 License order within thirty (30) days of the order date. After 30 days, returns will not be accepted and no refunds will be issued. Please note: All Software purchased in a single transaction must be returned together. A refund for less than the full original order amount cannot be issued.
To return a Line 6 License Order please follow these steps:
- A. De-authorize all of your devices using the License Manager utility program.
- B. Log into your Line 6 User Account.
- C. Go to the ‘Purchase History’ page and click on the ‘Details’ link. Find the order you want to return and click the ‘Return’ button.
- D. Re-authorize all of your devices using the License Manager utility program.
- 8.9 Return Software – iLok License: Line 6 cannot accept returns of any iLok License order because the iLok License is managed by a third party (iLok).
Limited Warranty; Disclaimer of Warranties
- 9.1 Software Products. All Software is sold 'as is' without warranty of any kind.
- 9.2 Hardware Products. Most Hardware is accompanied by a Limited Warranty. Limited Warranties vary by Product and can be found at http://www.line6.com/support/docs/DOC-4838.
- 9.3 Line 6 has no obligation to you with respect to providing any warranty on any Product for which we have not received full payment from you.
- 9.4 The Limited Warranty, if any, is the only warranty applicable to the Hardware. No oral or written information (including but not limited to the limited money back guarantee), or advice given by Line 6, its agents or employees shall create a warranty or in any way increase the scope of the Limited Warranty.
- 9.5 The right to return defective Products, as described above, shall constitute Line 6's sole liability and your exclusive remedy in connection with any claim of any kind relating to the quality, condition or performance of any Products, whether such claim is based upon principles of contract, warranty, negligence or other tort, breach of any statutory duty, principles of indemnity or contribution, or otherwise.
Governing Law; Disputes
- 10.1 You agree that all matters relating to your access to or use of the Website and Web Store, including all disputes, will be governed by the laws of the United States and by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. You agree to the personal jurisdiction by and venue in the state and federal courts in Los Angeles County, California, and waive any objection to such jurisdiction or venue. Any claim under these Terms must be brought within one (1) year after the cause of action arises, or such claim or cause of action is barred. No recovery may be sought or received for damages other than out-of-pocket expenses, except that the prevailing party will be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. In the event of any controversy or dispute between you and Line 6 arising out of or in connection with your use of the Web Store, the parties shall attempt, promptly and in good faith, to resolve any such dispute. If we are unable to resolve any such dispute within thirty (30) days, then either party may submit such controversy or dispute to mediation. If the dispute cannot be resolved through mediation, then the parties shall be free to pursue any right or remedy available to them under applicable law.
- 11.1 If you wish to contact us for any reason you can call us at 818-575-3600, option 2 or post to Line 6, Inc. Customer Service, 26580 Agoura Road, Calabasas, California 91302 USA.
Updated: July 2013