Q: Why should I register my Line 6 gear?
A: Registering your gear allows you to receive free updates, as well as grants you the ability to update your unit with model packs and access GuitarPort Online (on units that support these features). Please be sure you have all your gear registered to the same account.
Q: How do I register my Line 6 Gear?
A: See the following link to direct you to your product registration page:Registration
The left side of the screen will display a "Register Gear" link. Click the link and choose your product. Most items will have an automatic completion for the first few characters once you select the product. Continue to enter your unit's serial number. The serial number is on a sticker affixed to the back of your unit, and also on the unit's retail box, and follows this 17 character format: (21)XXXNLNNNNNNNNNN, where X stands for number or letter, N stands for NUMBER, and L stands for LETTER. Complete the registration by entering the purchase date.
GuitarPort/Rifftracker: after selecting GuitarPort from the dropdown menu, enter the eight digits found on the bottom of the unit (on the right of the bar code). If your unit is missing the sticker with the serial number, please connect the unit to Line 6 Monkey and use the ESN number shown on the left side on Monkey.
- Choose the correct model and color. The serial number field will partially fill with a serial prefix that will look something like "21xxx125".
- Enter the 8 digits on the back of your headstock after the serial number prefix.
- Put a 0 at the end of the number.
- Fill in the date purchased and click "Submit"
Q: I have an X2 wireless product that was manufactured prior to the Line 6 aquisition. Can I register this product?
A: Because of the serial numbering format used by older X2 wireless products, our systems are unable to register these products to your Line 6 account However, if you create a support thread marked as a question or call our support department, we can add your serial number to a support ticket so it is on record with Line 6.
Q: Are there some Line 6 units and/or accessories that cannot be registered?
A: Yes. Early Line 6 units such as AX/AXsys, Flextone (I), and POD(I) cannot be registered, as their serial numbers will not fit into the current format. In addition, some accessory units such as the FBV2, EX-1, EPROM Upgrades, and XPS boxes do not have a serial number and cannot be registered.
Q: Where is the serial number located?
A: The serial number for your Line 6 Product is located in most cases on the bottom or back of your product. The Pocket Pod serial number can be found inside the battery-housing compartment behind the top right battery. The number also appears on the unit's retail box.
Q: I'm getting a message saying my unit is already registered. What do I need to do?
A: Please see the following instructions to secure the registration of your unit:
- Ask the previous owner to remove the unit from their user account on the Line 6 website.
- If you purchased the unit from a dealer (i.e. Guitar Center, Sam Ash) and it has already been registered, contact our support department either by posting a question on the forums (do not private message a moderator) or by calling us at (818) 575-3600. Please do not provide your serial number at that time, just let us know that you wish to register your product. Be sure you have the dated copy of your receipt in a .jpg or PDF format (under 1 megabyte) along with the serial number and your Line 6 user name. Line 6 will then create a support ticket which will allow you to attach your dated proof of purchase and type the serial number in the body of the message. Please allow 2 business days to have the registration removed from the previous account. If the unit was purchased from an internet reseller, please have your dated proof of purchase (i.e. Paypal, Billpay) and the serial number of the unit available.
- Some users register under one account and later create a new account that the device is not attached to. Go to Registered Devices in the old account, remove the registered device (see procedure below), then register it to the new account. If you are unable to locate or log into your old account, please contact Customer Support to assist you with the swap.
Q: What if I do not have a receipt of purchase (i.e. paid in cash, lost the receipt, etc)?
A: It is against our policy to register or remove the registration of a product from any account unless dated proof-of-purchase is provided. Please understand that this policy is to ensure the protection of our users against theft.
Q: I'm having trouble registering my unit. How do I get help?
A: Contact our support department either by posting a question on the forums (do not private message a moderator) or by calling us at (818) 575-3600. Post a question by clicking on Start a Discussion in the Actions area of the Community that you're in and make sure to mark it as a question on the bottom of the page, or Line 6 will not see it.