This document explains how to update the Spider IV (75, 120, 150, 150HD) using the FBV Mk II and Line 6 Monkey using Windows XP, Vista, OSX 10.4.11, or 10.5.8. Before you get started, you will need to have your Spider IV connected to the FBV Mk II (Express or Shortboard) using a CAT-5 cable, and you will need to have your FBV Mk II unit connected to an open USB port on the back of your computer (do not use a USB hub). Be sure that your computer is connected to the internet.
1) Run Line 6 Monkey and you will be asked which unit you want to work with. Highlight the Spider IV unit and select “OK”.
2) If Monkey asks you to register your gear, you can select “remind me later”.
3) Highlight “flash memory”, then select “update selection”.
4) If Monkey asks you to register your gear, you can select “remind me later”.
5) Select “Yes” to continue.
6) Select "I Accept" for the software agreement and select “continue”.
7) Select “Yes” to update the Flash memory.
8) Allow the unit to go through the update process. This can take up to 5 minutes.
9) Select “OK” when the update is finished.
10) You will see a green check mark in from of flash memory to show it is now up to date.