To uninstall the Line 6 Drivers from a MAC OSX computer, use the Line 6 Driver Uninstaller that is located on the computer at following file location:
- Applications/Line 6/Drivers/Driver uninstaller
If you have used the Driver Uninstaller and still cannot succesfully install drivers or Monkey is not recognizing them as being installed, you will need to remove the remaining driver receipts using the Terminal application that is located on the computer at the following file location:
Launch the Terminal application and type the following commands at the prompt:
- cd // (then press the enter key)
- cd /private/var/db/receipts (then press the enter key)
- sudo rm -i sudo pkgutil --forget com.line6.driver* .xtaudio.package (then press the enter key)
- Enter your Mac OSX account password. Please Note: you will NOT see the cursor acknowledge any characters being input; you will need to type your system password correctly and hit "Enter".
- Type Yes to every option/question to remove Line 6 software components (there will be a good number of confirmations, FYI).
After typing Yes to every option/question
- sudo pkgutil --forget com.line6.driver.xtmidi.package (then press the enter key)
After entering in all of the commands above, close the Terminal application and restart your computer. Upon restarting the computer try again to install the latest version of our drivers available from our software page at: