PLEASE LOAD THIS STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL BY CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW. IF YOU CANNOT LOAD THIS FILE, PLEASE FOLLOW THE MANUAL INSTRUCTIONS BELOW THIS LINK:
VETTA FLASH TUTORIAL
To update your Vetta, you will need:
a) A computer with a MIDI interface. (If your computer does not have a MIDI interface, we recommend you get a MIDI-to-USB interface, such as the M-Audio MIDI Sport Uno:MIDI Sport Uno
Please ensure that you have the latest drivers for your OS installed on your machine BEFORE connecting your USB-MIDI interface.
b) The latest version of Line 6 Monkey
c) Your Vetta amplifier.
Here are the steps to update your Vetta to Vetta II:
1- Connect your amplifier to the MIDI Interface, making sure the cables are connected correctly. The MIDIsport Uno will be labeled "to MIDI in" and "to MIDI out". Traditional MIDI connections will have the Vetta MIDI IN to interface MIDI OUT, and the Vetta MIDI OUT to interface MIDI IN.
2- Turn your amplifier ON and open the latest version of Line 6 Monkey. Monkey should be able to detect the Vetta right away. If it cannot detect the Vetta, please make sure the drivers for the interface are properly installed, the cables are connected correctly (as described in step 1) and the MIDI Ports were selected correctly.)
3- On Line 6 Monkey, click on the Updates tab and choose Flash Memory.
4 - Click on Update Selection.
5 - Follow the instructions provided by the Line 6 Monkey wizard . The wizard will guide you step by step through the installation.
Q: Can I upgrade my Vetta from another Vetta?
A: Yes. The Vetta's operating software can be updated using another Vetta.
Please refer to the instructions are below:
1. Connect a MIDI cable from the MIDI Out of the "Sending Vetta" to the MIDI In on the "Receiving Vetta".
2. Turn "Receiving Vetta's power button on while holding down COMP. The right LCD will display "Software Update?Press EDIT to continue. Press TAP to cancel".
3. Press EDIT to continue.
4. The right LCD will say "WARNING!! This cannot be undone Are you sure? Press SAVE to continue. Press TAP to Cancel".
5. Press Save to continue.
6. The amp will now erase the current operating system software from its memory. After the amp has cleared out the old software, the right display will read "Ready for Software Download". Please note: if you exit the procedure now and try to use the amp, it will light up but the amp will not function as there is no operating software.
7. You are now ready to transmit the new software from the "Sending Vetta" to the "Receiving Vetta". Power up the "Sending Vetta" while holding down it's REVERB button. Proceed to TEST #13, "Upload Code".
8. Press COMP to begin sending the software.
9. After the "Receiving Vetta" has received the new software, it's right display will read "Software download complete. Press SAVE to run new software".
10. Press SAVE and the Vetta will go into play mode.
11. If program load is slow switching from channel to channel, you will need to reset the program memory. Press SAVE and scroll to page 10, "RESET FACTORY". Press SAVE while on this page to reset the Factory Bank. The right LCD will read "?restoring FACTORY bank?". When this process is complete, scroll to page 11, "RESET USER" and press SAVE once again. The right LCD will now read "?restoring USER bank?". Press TAP when the process is complete.
Q: Can I still get the Variax Digital Interface for my Vetta I unit?
A: No, the Variax Digital Interface upgrade for the Vetta I series is no longer available from Line 6, but may still be able to be found regionally or on the internet.