Q: How many different ways can I connect my POD X3 Live in a live setting?
1. Mono or Stereo Recording or Direct to Mixer/PA
2. Feed One Guitar Amp
3. Feed Two Guitar Amps, One for Tone 1 and One for Tone 2
4. Feed a Guitar Amp and Send Separate XLR Direct Outs to Mixer/PA
5. Electric Guitar to On-Stage Amp & Direct Out + Vocals/Acoustic/etc.to Direct Out Only
NOTE: Instructions to the connection methods listed above can be found in the POD X3 Live Pilots Manual Section 7*1, download it here!
Q: Can I use a phantom powered condenser mic with the POD X3 live?
A: The POD X3/X3 Live does not offer phantom power which is needed when using any condenser type microphones for recording or live use. See Referenced KB link for details.
4567: No sound out of microphone with X3/X3 Live
Q: I just want the original factory sounds back into my POD X3 live, can I do this without having to connecting it to the computer and launching Line 6 Monkey?
A: Sure you can, you can do this directly from the X3 Live hardware interface4563: How do I restore the Factory Presets in my POD X3 Live?
Q: What is Dual Tone?
A: DUAL TONE is the ability to split your single-input guitar or bass signal through two different amp and effect chains simultaneously to create gorgeous new hybrids, or use its dual inputs to individually process two instruments—a microphone and a guitar, for example—at the same time.
Q: And how do I make a dual tone patch?
A: Here is an example given in the pilots manual for exhibit 3: Feed Two Guitar Amps, One for Tone 1 and One for Tone 2.....(Manual 7•3)
1. Connect the left 1/4-inch output to one amp, and the right 1/4-inch output
to the other.
2. Set the first OUTPUTS page (1/4-inch Outputs):
• Mode: Combo Front, Combo Pwramp, Stack Front, or Stck PwrAmp.
• Lows, Focus, Highs: as desired
• Tone 1: On
• Tone 1 Pan: Full Left
• Tone 2: On
• Tone 2 Pan: Full Right
3. Check your Master Volume.
• Select the loudest preset/settings you intend to use.
• Play your instrument and turn Master Volume as high as you can without
clipping the amp/speakers you’re feeding.
Q: I made a dualtone patch with my MIC on tone 2, but it changes when I switch patches, how do I lock it?
A: From the main signal chain Page of your X3 live LCD screen, you can lock Tone 2 to prevent it from getting overwritten when loading new presets. This is handy when you’re using Tone 2 for vocals and you want to make sure it doesn’t change when you recall guitar presets on Tone 1.
From the Pilots Handbook page: 4-9
Watch this awesome POD X3 Live Demonstration from GEARWIRE.COM!
A: From the Home Page, you can lock Tone 2 to prevent it from getting overwritten when
loading new presets. This is handy when you’re using Tone 2 for vocals and you want to
make sure it doesn’t change when you recall guitar presets on Tone 1.Line 6 POD X3 Live: Getting In And Out Of Your POD View it in Quicktime player: 18.8mb View it with Windows Media Player : 7.6mb
Q: Does the tuner only work with the 1/4" mono guitar input?
A: The X3 Live tuner only operates on the Tone 1 input. If you've selected Variax, it will tune the variax.