GearBox 3.72 is the most current version of our amp/effects modelling software editor for compatible USB hardware devices.
- Download the bundled installation file from our Downloads page at: http://line6.com/software/
- From the "Software" drop-down list, select GearBox.
- Click on the red "GO" button to the right. On the following page, the most current version of our bundled installer should be at the top of the list. Version 3.72 is the most current as of this document.
- Click "Get Download", then accept the licensing agreement. Choose: "Save" to begin transferring the bundled installation file to your local hard drive.
- Once this file has been completely saved, find it on your hard drive. Make sure your USB hardware device is NOT connected yet. Double click the GearBox installer file to begin installation of bundled components (USB Device Drivers, Line 6 Monkey*, GearBox Editor and optional Plug-In files).
Please read through the manual by selecting the "F1" key when gearbox is open. You can also save the PDF file on your computer for later viewing ot dowmload it at the following link:
Gearbox 3.72 manual
Line 6 Monkey is a USB device firmware/flash memory utility application only. It will enable you to update the firmware, flash memory (if available on your device) and any optional license key purchases to the USB hardware device connected. For certain devices (PODxt/X3), it can also archive patch bundles and restore saved patch bundles.
GearBox is the current /Effect modelling software editor application for the following USB Audio Interface devices: GuitarPort, TonePort, POD Studio, PODxt and POD X3 series devices. Gearbox is also the interface software for Guitarport Online. Owners of POD Studio and Toneport DI Bundles will need Gearbox to use their Guitarport Online subscription.
With it, you can do the following two primary functions:
- Open up saved (and downloaded) .l6t patches from your hard drive for editing. Afterwards, you can re-save the modified patch file back to your hard drive or sync/transfer the patch to your USB hardware device connected. ***NOTE: POD Farm 2 tone files will NOT load into the Gearbox software.
- The top-half of GearBox is where you can select Stomp, Amp Model, EQ, Modulation, Delay, Reverb parameters and adjust them via mouse-click/drags to affect the input signal on your connected USB hardware device in real-time.
GuitarPort Online (GPO)
If you subscribe (optional monthly or annual fee) to GuitarPort Online (GPO), the lower-half of GearBox serves as a web-browser portal to the GPO service. The Player is provided primarily to open up saved lessons/tracks for playback. The Metronome is a basic timekeeping click device used for praticing.
GPO functions are to be used as playback-only features within GearBox. They are not used for recording purposes. (In other words, the Metronome signal will not stream to a third party recording application. Use the metronome within your recording program for that function).