Currently Being ModeratedJan 20, 2010 11:25 AM (in response to bogeys85)Re: Spider IV 75 and MKII Express Issues
Have you attempted to re-calibrate the Express after re-installing the flash?
-Press and hold down the “D” labeled footswitch while you “power on” your FBV (by connecting to your computer’s USB port, or Line 6 device with which you plan on using your FBV). Upon release of the D footswitch, the FBV Tuner’s numerical display will read “1”.
• Press the on-board expression pedal forward fully and hold down pedal’s Toe Switch until the Tuner display changes to “2”. This should occur instantly.
• While holding the pedal in the “heel” (minimum) position, press & release the D footswitch. The Tuner display will change to “3”.
• Move the pedal to the toe (maximum) position, without clicking the Toe Switch. Allow the pedal to rest in the toe position (maximum) and press & release the D button. The 7 LEDs above the Tuner’s numerical display will light.
• Move the pedal and verify that the LEDs above the Tuner’s numerical display sequentially turn off as the pedal moves to the minimum position, and all sequentially light up when the pedal is moved to the maximum position.
• If your 7 LEDs do not light up as described, then try repeating these calibration steps. If your LEDs light up correctly, then calibration was successful - power off your FBV and power it back on and you are ready to go.
Let us know if this procedure fixes anything.
Also, if you are still unable to re-install the flash memory, there may be a hardware problem with the amp and should be taken to an authorized service center:
Currently Being ModeratedJan 20, 2010 2:49 PM (in response to Line6Hugo)Re: Spider IV 75 and MKII Express Issues
Gee, thank you so much for the wonderful help!!! ONE WEEK LATER!!! Such great technical support!! I returned my AMP and pedal to the store A WEEK AGO!! We plugged the pedal into a Spider IV 30 and it worked, therefore we assumed that it was the amp. I convinced them to give me a new amp, only to return home and find out it still did not work!!! OH, by the way if you had read my post you would have known that I HAD calibrated the pedal MANY times. As it turns out you LINE6 have a problem with your equipment, and an even larger problem with your customer support!! The pedal works absolutely fine with a 30 watt model but doesn't with the 75 watt!!! Thank you for NOTHING!!! I understand it is just business and you really do not care about some hobbyist guitar player, however, I actually like the products. Too bad I WILL NOT purchase any more!!
Thanks for your expeditious response (loaded with sarcasm)
Currently Being ModeratedJan 21, 2010 4:51 AM (in response to bogeys85)Re: Spider IV 75 and MKII Express Issues
I understand your anger at getting a dud, I had no issues using the same combination of devices. Since you followed the set up and calibration documentation, then I'd agree that one of the units is faulty, and the item(s) should be replaced. Take both into the store, and confirm they work together before leaving. If no joy ask for your money back, and go elsewhere with your money.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 21, 2010 7:27 AM (in response to deadloak)Re: Spider IV 75 and MKII Express Issues
This post, question, is NOT answered!! I repeat NOT ANSWERED!! And probably will not be either if Line6's tech support is unable to read the question!! I have resolved the problemwith my FBV II Express and Spider IV 75 amp, however it was with no assistance from Line6!! Thanks for nothing!! Possibly if Line6 was concerned they may inquire more as to the ODD problem I had encountered. But as with the majority of companies, as long as they get their money they do not care!! Well, that only lasts so long!!
Currently Being ModeratedJan 21, 2010 5:21 PM (in response to bogeys85)Re: Spider IV 75 and MKII Express Issues
To Brian -
I understand your anger. I am not a line 6 employee but I just bought the same pedal and have the 75 w amp. I am waiting to go to the store tomorrow and pick up a a-b usb cable as I do not have one here and did not get one with either piece of equipment. My question to you is, if you resolved the problem, please state what you did to resolve it in case I have the same problem. I would appreciate it very much or you can PM/email me. Thanks.