Currently Being ModeratedMay 1, 2010 2:59 PM (in response to rkoenig)Re: Font problem in Vyzex 1.17 on WINE (Debian Lenny)
Sorry Rainer - Linux is not a supported operating system. The items that are not rendering correctly under this operating system are dependent on certain Microsoft graphics calls that are obviously not being emulated correctly.
Windows XP, Vista & 7 are the supported PC OS platforms,
OSX Tiger, Leopard & Snow Leopard are the supported Mac OS platforms.
There are no plans to add support for Linux in our existing Vyzex editors, although we may add Linux support in future retail Vyzor editor products.
Currently Being ModeratedMar 10, 2011 5:59 PM (in response to rkoenig)Re: Font problem in Vyzex 1.17 on WINE (Debian Lenny)
I've just installed the latest Vyzex on Debian 6.0 (Squeeze). You need t:
- install wine (apt-get install wine cabextract)
- install winetricks (alpha) from google code and then run that, follow the prompt to install the gdiplus.dll.
- Install Vyzex either by clicking within GNOME/KDE/etc or by typing wine Vyzex\ Pocket\ POD\ 1.17\ Setup.exe in a terminal.
- Run winecfg, then add Vyzex as an application, select that and go to libraries tab, add gdiplus, click ok.
- Run the Vyzex, the fonts work.
BTW, I also installed all the extra fonts before hand just to see and that didn't do anything, so if gdiplus on it's own doesn't work for you, try adding the fonts too.
Currently Being ModeratedMar 10, 2011 5:33 PM (in response to Lucretia9)Re: Font problem in Vyzex 1.17 on WINE (Debian Lenny)
And here are the required Wine screenshots.