Yep, you'll have a Vetta II on the inside.
Before you do the update, read every thread you can find on this forum and in the archive (link below) regarding the update and it's requirements.
Vetta Archive: http://line6.com/supportarchive/?forumID=7
Consider getting a voltage regulator for your Vetta. They hate dirty power, and you really can't get replacement parts. See my post here:
Some things to remember:
- Get an M AUDIO MIDISPORT UNO. Nothing else will do.
- Go to the M AUDIO website and download the latest drivers for the UNO. The ones in the box, and the ones that windows wants to load when you plug it in WILL NOT WORK.
- Download LINE6MONKEY (the installer) and LINE6EDIT (both available on the downloads section of this website.
- BEFORE you even consider upgrading the software, get EDIT running and communicating with your amp. Make sure you're not having any glitches running EDIT.
- Use EDIT to back up your user patches. Your settings will be completely erased and replaced with factory settings when you do the software upgrade. Also, if you're running 1.06, you'll have factory patches that are not in 2.50, so back up the factory bank also. You can load them back in through EDIT later if you want too, because they will still work just fine.
- Use MONKEY to do the upgrade. Just follow the instructions on the screen.
I've never had a crash doing an update or a reinstall. Just be careful to follow the steps.
Message was edited by: jvblack -- fixed link to archive.
Thanks VERY much for the killer info...
Curious about one more thing. It looks as though I have missed at least a couple of software upgrades... Can I skip straight to the most recent version, or do they build upon one another?
Also, what is the most recent version I can use?
If you're new, you need to know about a couple of bugs in 2.50. Not big deals, but will drive you completely insane if you don't know they're there:
1. Post Delay Mix bug. (This one took years off my life )
2. Ducking Delay
(instructions in the Vetta 2.50 addendum are wrong)
3.Gain/Drive reversal in Edit
You can download the Vetta manual AND the Vetta Version 2.50 addendum from here:
Message was edited by: jvblack OKAY> Now the links to articles in the archives dont work. Thanks a bunch, line6webmaster. The attachment is a text file with the two threads that i tried to link to above. JoeAttachments:
- Vetta issues.txt.zip (3.0 K)