Currently Being ModeratedOct 5, 2011 5:18 AM (in response to osmond_j)RE: Garageband '11 and Toneport UX1
please install Podfarm 1.12 instead of Gearbox: http://line6.com/software/
this editor is free software, as Gearbox 3.72, but to use the Plugin you need purchasing a License Key
Currently Being ModeratedOct 5, 2011 5:24 AM (in response to osmond_j)RE: Garageband '11 and Toneport UX1
remember, to use v. 2.51 you'll need to also download it for install and authorise your License using Line6 License Manager: http://line6.com/account/licenses/instructions/
Currently Being ModeratedOct 7, 2011 10:36 AM (in response to osmond_j)Re: RE: Garageband '11 and Toneport UX1
I just checked your account... your registered device is an older TonePort UX1.
These units did not came with the ability to authorize any sort of Plug-In functionality of our amp/effect modelling insert effects from within a DAW.
Like Antonio mentioned above, you'll need to purchase a POD Farm 2.5 license.
However, one additional piece of info (in case you go forward with that decision); after you install POD Farm 2.51 software:
- It's been discovered that on the newest Apple OSX build (10.7.x), a.k.a. "Lion" the Library folder is now hidden by default.
- If you're running a Mac with Lion OSX 10.7.x, please "unhide" the Library folder by running Terminal (found in HD>Applications>Utilities).
- Then, type this: chflags nohidden /Users/Line 6
- Is the folder empty?
- If so, Control or Right Click inside the folder and select "Get Info".
- In the Dialogue Box select Sharing and Permissions and make sure the folder is set to "Read and Write" NOT "Read Only".
- Now Create a Folder Called Guitarport inside the Line6 Folder.
Run License Manager and Deauthorize/Reauthorize your computer and any Line 6 Devices you might own (need to connect the device(s), of course.