Currently Being ModeratedJan 29, 2012 2:01 PM (in response to Eddieproton)Re: I can' get line monkey to update or to recognize pod x3 live
Which Windows version are you using?
I've just written a procedure for Windows Vista, but I'll write it down below and then when you download, please select your correct OS.
Lots of people have this "problem". It's probably just a driver problem.
Please follow these steps:
1) Unplug your X3 Live
2) Turn off your computer (to clean up RAM memory, very important on Windows), then turn it on again
3) Download the Drivers:http://line6.com/software/ . Please choose according your windows
4) Install the drivers (please, keep the USB unplugged!!! Don't plug it!)
5) Almost at the end of the installation, the software will ask you to plug it. IMPORTANT: at the END of the installation
6) Read carefully: Turn OFF (power off) your POD. Plug the cable on a different USB port on your computer (don't use the USB you tried before. Use another one for Microsoft Windows litterally install a new driver). Plug it with the POD Turned Off.
Note: It seems stupid but a usb driver installed for a USB port #1, won't work on USB #2 for example. So if you have removed the USB drivers, even if Windows hasn't deleted the driver for any reason, using a different USB port may help you.
7) Check: Computer USB plugged? POD USB plugged? Turn the POD On
8) Wait to check if the unit will be recognized by your computer (Windows Vista will let you know in about 10-30 seconds with a message nearby your clock)
Post your results for us to know what happened.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 31, 2012 12:40 AM (in response to birro)Re: I can' get line monkey to update or to recognize pod x3 live
I have the same problem and have tried the route suggested but to no avail. Last time I tried (a couple of nights ago) the system said get the manufacturer for drivers updates. All I have found is this forum. I tried to ask an expert directly and was advised to post my question to this forum. So, here it is. Now, what? I love my x3 Live for performance and recording. But this problem has plagued me for over a year now and it is about ready to go out the door for old school pedals, mics, et al. I really don't wanna do that lest I have to. All the models and recording capabilities of X3 Live was the reason I ditched all external units to begin with, now this. No one seems able to or doesn't really wanna help. End of my rope. Until this problem, my experience with line 6 has been great.
Starting to feel like I made mistake. Some please convince me that I am wrong.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 31, 2012 2:35 AM (in response to Lazareaux)Re: I can' get line monkey to update or to recognize pod x3 live
I do understand your disappointment but please note that I'm just a single user (as many others here) that had experienced that and I posted what worked for me and also for some others that I've been trying to help.
Please explain better what's going on for us to help you.
1) You said: "have tried the route suggested but to no avail"? What do you mean? Did you try my entire step-by-step or the link for downloading the drivers?
2) Have you connected the X3L before in another computer? Did it work or is this the first time you're trying? If it's the first time, please note that it's not "plug and play" and you must follow the procedures I've written above and also follow the steps indicated when the Line6 drivers are being installed
3) Tell us your OS (operational system) and version. Is it Windows? MAC? Which version?
Take your time and be cool. I'm not their employee, just a user like you trying to give a hand on an issue that worked for me and had been helping some other users with this same problem.
And also... you said that your experience with Line 6 has been great. So it's clear enough that your unit hasn't got a problem. It's just a software issue with procedures to be followed. Once you take them easily, hopefully it'll work as great as it has worked so far
Take a look at this:
http://line6.com/support/message/346288#346288 - worked for 2 people (yes... they have a HD model, but the procedure is the same)
So read the steps carefully, choose your correct OS and follow the steps.
Post your results.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 22, 2012 3:48 PM (in response to Eddieproton)Re: I can' get line monkey to update or to recognize pod x3 live
Have you tried the X3 Live with multiple computers to confirm it's not a problem with the PC's operating system? Also, in standalone operation does it function normally?