Currently Being ModeratedFeb 13, 2012 1:58 PM (in response to guitar_freak89)Re: Please help... Just bought Podhd500
Don't worry about "beying terrible with computers". You haven't told us which OS (operational system) you're using. Windows 7?
Well... I've written a post with a procedure for another user with a problem like yours. It's normal to install things without reading just clicking "next", "next"... probably that happened to you. Don't worry.
Here is it addapted for you:
1) Uninstall Line6 Drivers -> Windows Menu, Control Panel, Uninstall a Software
2) Turn off your computer (to clean up RAM memory, very important on Windows), then turn it on again
4) Install the drivers (please, keep the USB unplugged!!! Don't plug it!)
5) Almost at the end of the installation, the software will ask you to plug it. IMPORTANT: at the END of the installation
6) Read carefully: Turn OFF (power off) your POD. Plug the cable on a different USB port on your computer (don't use the USB you tried before. Use another one for Microsoft Windows litterally install a new driver). Plug the POD to it with the POD Turned Off.
Note: It seems stupid but a usb driver installed for a USB port #1, won't work on USB #2 for example. So if you have removed the USB drivers, even if Windows hasn't deleted the driver for any reason, using a different USB port may help you.
7) Check: Computer USB plugged? POD USB plugged? Turn the POD On
8) Wait to check if the unit will be recognized by your computer (Windows 7 will let you know in about 10-30 seconds with a message nearby your clock)
The procedure I've written on the discussion: http://line6.com/support/message/346288#346288
What I've written above is just addapted to your needs
Good luck and post your results
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 13, 2012 8:35 PM (in response to birro)Re: Please help... Just bought Podhd500
Birro's answer is great - covers the whole procedure perfectly.
but just one other point to make
One other thing "COULD" be the hang up...
the USB port has to be USB 2.0
I looked for a good explanation on how to know if you have 2.0 on Google and found this for you