Currently Being ModeratedJan 26, 2012 1:49 PM (in response to jamaddiss)Re: Gearbox start up noise
Let's try to narrow down where the problem is.
1. Is this happening on multiple computers? If not, the original computer may have a configuration issue. Please see our USB Audio troubleshooting FAQ: http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-4282. If it is happening on multiple computers, then you'd have to look at your Line 6 hardware as the problem.
2. Does your Line 6 device have any problem with any other software such as a media player or audio from the internet? You may want to uninstall then reinstall the latest drivers for it, as well as Gearbox either way.
3. Make sure to connect to all USB ports (no hubs) on the computer and remove all non-essential USB devices during testing.
4. Make sure to remove other audio interface drivers during testing.
1. I only have Gearbox installed on one computer, so unfortunately I can't be sure if it is the device or not.
2. I don't know how to use the UX2 with other software like a media player or audio from internet. The only software I use it with is the Ableton Live 8 recording software that came with the UX2, and it does work fine with that (once I get the device to stop making the noise that I am asking about).
3. No hubs or other USB devices are connected.
4. I do have an M-Audio pci interface card installed in the comuter. Could drivers for that cause problems with the UX2?
The problem is always fixed by reinstalling the drivers for the UX2, which I also read in another person's post for this same basic problem. However at this point I have to reinstall the drivers every time I use the UX2; that has not always been the case, and is starting to get quite annoying. I will try uninstalling the drivers for the M-Audio card and see if that makes a difference.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 14, 2012 10:35 AM (in response to jamaddiss)Re: Gearbox start up noise
1. If you have access to another computer, it would be helpful to install GearBox and the latest Line 6 drivers onto so that you can test your Line 6 hardware. Testing with another computer can help us to determine if the problem is based with your original computer or the Line 6 hardware. You can download GearBox and our drivers from the links below:
GearBox 3.72 Windows:
GearBox 3.72 MAC:
Windows Drivers 184.108.40.206:
MAC Drivers : 7.1.3
2. To test the UX2 with other software you will need to assign it as the computer systems sound output device, to do so reference the instructions available at the links below:
Windows Vista - 7
4 You mentioned that you did not always have to reinstall the drivers to use the UX2, can you recall any changes to your computers hardware or software around the time that you had to started experiencing this problem? It could be a confliction with the M-Audio device, computers can experience driver conflicts when there is more than one audio interface connected at a time. Try removing the M-Audio drivers to see if that changes what you are experiencing.