Currently Being ModeratedMar 28, 2012 1:19 PM (in response to DHERMANN)Re: Presets backup question
Unfortunately that is a shortcoming of the JM4/Spider Jam. There is no facility to save patches. You'd have to manually write them down and reprogram them after the reset. The Advanced Manual does show you how to save any recordings to your SD card.
Currently Being ModeratedAug 28, 2012 9:19 PM (in response to Line6Tony)Re: Presets backup question
I posted a follow up question becuase what you said in your reply does NOT coincide with what the Firmware upgrade notes say. Again here is the direct quote:
The v2.09 update will erase all the custom guitar presets you have made. Record a short .wav file of each customized preset and the guitar preset will be saved as well. Use an SD card to create backups (via the TRANSFER ALL TO CARD command) then copy them from your SD card onto your PC for safe keeping (using an SD card reader). You can then reload your files using an SD card at any time after you have completed the update.
So... what is the truth--does the .wav file contain the exact settings as this seems to claim????!!!!
Currently Being ModeratedAug 30, 2012 5:35 PM (in response to Line6Hugo)Re: Presets backup question
Thank you for getting back so soon. So again, you agree that I am reading it correctly? And if so, say I backup all my customized presets as indicated, upgrade my firmware, and "reload" the .wav files.... what is the procedure for loading the settings back into my JM4? As far as I can tell there is no written procedure for this....
Here are the steps that I followed:
- Created a User Tone and Saved it to a user location.
- In the SETTINGS/TONE menu, please make sure RECORDINGS SET TONE is set to ON.
- Made a recording with that guitar tone and save the recording to the internal memory. Do this for every preset you would like to store.
- In the SAVE menu, select the TRANSFER ALL TO CARD option. All of your recordings and their associated tone will be saved to the SD card.
- To transfer them back into the amp, go to the SAVE menu and choose the TRANSFER ALL FROM CARD option. This will load the recordings and the associated presets back onto the JM4.
- Now, when you load a recording that was transferred onto the JM4 from the SD Card, the preset that was stored with the recording will be loaded with the recording. It will show in the SETTINGS/TONE menu with an asterisk (*) next to the name.
- To store this preset back into the JM4 User presets, go to the SAVE menu and select SAVE GUITAR TONE to store the preset in the User location you desire.
We will be adding this to the FAQ.