First of all, make sure that your SD card is:
- 1GB or 2GB in size. (No bigger than 2GB).
- A standard SD card. (Not a Micro SD card slotted into an attatchment).
Now if you are getting the "CARD WRITE ERROR" message coming up on your JM4's LCD screen when you are trying to transfer files then do the following:
- Select the "Format Card" option on your JM4 in the SAVE menu. WARNING! = (Make sure you have backed up all of your files from your SD card onto a Computer or Laptop.) =.
- Now try again.
You may have already tried doing this and you still can't transfer files. This is what happened to me. So i shall hopefully have the solution for you.
What i found was that when i formatted my SD card in my JM4, i then inserted the card into my laptop's SD card slot. I opened the folder on my SD card and all i could see was about 12-15 unopenable files with strange characters i.e )($%+_----_09.
After seeing this i looked up a few discussions about these strange files and discovered that it is a problem with my SD card reader's Drivers. So i have now downloaded this file and all is fine: http://www.pcpitstop.com/drivers/download/SD3~Device.html So if you have had the same problems then this should be for you.
So now after updating these drivers, i could format the SD card properly on my Laptop. In order to do this you must:
- Insert your SD card into your Computer/Laptop.
- Go to My Computer and look for your SD Drive.
- Now Right Click this and select Format.
- Size Capacity should already be set, File System needs to be FAT (Not FAT32 and not exFAT), Allocation Unit Size should be set to default and make sure that Quick Format is unchecked. Click Format and it should take literally 2-3 seconds.
- Now that you have formatted your card, open it up and create a new folder named LINE6 <------- exactly like that.
Right now it is time to try and transfer your files. I hope this works for you. It worked for me.
Now then, if you can transfer JAM files but you can't transfer WAV files then do not worry!
Simply follow this link and download this JAM to WAV converter made by Joe Gillespie: http://www.vettaville.nl/page.php?id=85#902 It's named Jam2Wav Utillity V.1.
Hope This Helps GOOD LUCK!!!