Currently Being ModeratedMar 20, 2012 6:16 PM (in response to JustinCRey)Re: About my new Line 6 Backtrack (without Mic)
Two bits of additional info would be helpful for diagnostic putrposes:
1) While your Backtrack is charging, what is happening with the LED light? From the manual, here's what should be happening:
When charging, color indicates progess toward full charge, as follows
• Red (0-25% charge), orange (25-50%), yellow (50-75%), green (75-100%), white (full charge)
2) When its USB jack is connected to a computer BackTrack should automatically mount as a mass storage device (appears on your computer like a CD-Rom, Flash Drive, etc.). Is this happening? Can you see any files and folders on the Backtrack device, as you would with any usb drive?
Currently Being ModeratedMar 20, 2012 6:47 PM (in response to silverhead)Re: About my new Line 6 Backtrack (without Mic)
Yeah I meant to give you that info...
When It is plugged in and charging, the led is white, but it slowly blinks never turning all the way off.
Yes, when the USB jack is connected I can see files and folders on the backtrack device.
Currently Being ModeratedMar 20, 2012 7:13 PM (in response to JustinCRey)Re: About my new Line 6 Backtrack (without Mic)
That sounds good so far.
So when its connected via usb and the white is light, it is fully charged.
To unmount from Windows®, click “safely remove hardware” icon in your onscreen System Tray, and remove
• To unmount from Mac®, drag BackTrack icon to trash (eject icon replaces trash icon as you are dragging)
Now that it is disconnected and properly unmounted, you have said that you switch it on and nothing happens. Absolutely nothing? When you switch it on you should see the whilte light come on again during startup. Then it goes out again - that is normal. What happens when you connect your guitar to the Input? Does the light show any colour then? It should begin to flash dark blue. Does it?
Currently Being ModeratedMar 20, 2012 7:25 PM (in response to silverhead)Re: About my new Line 6 Backtrack (without Mic)
Absolutely nothing happens.
When I put the switch in the on position no led comes on at all, ever.
When I connect my guitar to the input and put the switch in the on position no led comes on at all, ever.
Currently Being ModeratedMar 21, 2012 7:20 PM (in response to JustinCRey)Re: About my new Line 6 Backtrack (without Mic)
One other thing to try: when you use it as a standard usb device - what files/folders do you see on the Backtrack? Try to install and run the Backtrack Setup Utility:
- For Windows, install BackTrack Setup Utility by launching installer available from BackTrack when mounted on computer
- For Mac, a disk image (a .dmg file) is provided: double-click it to mount a disc image that contains the BackTrack Setup Utility, which you can then drag to your computer to install
If you are successful in launching the Setup Utility, try to update the firmware (see button in Device Information area).
The last resort is to try a hard reset. Take a paper clip and stick it in the little hole you will find on the rear of the device.