Currently Being ModeratedJun 18, 2012 12:21 PM (in response to medbad5150)Re: HD500 not clear explaining
there are several users on the forum getting good results from the HD500 into a Roland KC Amp. See the thread here for an example --> http://line6.com/support/message/368094#368094
In terms of documentation: what you get in the box is very basic. The advanced manual for the HD500 is here -->http://line6.com/data/6/0a06434dfb244f7b7f489af64/application/pdf/POD%20HD500%20Advanced%20Guide%20v2.0%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20A%20).pdf I recommend you download a copy and keep it handy while you are finding your way. There is a lot to get your head round initially but it gets easier.
An even more advanced guide to tonebuilding was created by forum user MeamBobbo here and is worth looking at once you get more familiar with the HD500 --> http://foobazaar.com/podhd/toneGuide/index.html
On the 1-8 ... this refers to Footswitches 1-8 (FS1-8). You can assign these footswitches to turn effects on and off. All of this is covered in the advanced guide.
Currently Being ModeratedJun 18, 2012 12:39 PM (in response to jimsreynolds)Re: HD500 not clear explaining
Many thanks..Oh sorry the 18 I referred to is one of three little switches next to the Exp pedal. It's numbered 18 in Pilot Guide..but never even explains what it does! it says 1/4 out Line or Amp?
Currently Being ModeratedJun 18, 2012 1:19 PM (in response to medbad5150)Re: HD500 not clear explaining
Ah gotcha! That sets the output level for the 1/4 outputs.
- If you are plugging into the front of a guitar amp it should always be set to 'amp'.
- If you are plugging into the effects loop of an amp (a very popular option) you should set it to whichever one matches the amp's loop level. Check the manual to find out what is required.
- Line = +4dBu = 'professional' level
- Amp = -10dBV. = 'stomp' level= 'instrument' level = 'Consumer level'
- If you are plugging into a mixing desk, check what the desk expects. Try amp initially then move up to line if things are way too quiet.
Currently Being ModeratedJun 18, 2012 12:41 PM (in response to jimsreynolds)Re: HD500 not clear explaining
Cheers mate, I've already read that thread and they more discuss how great the KC550 is as oppose to how to connect it. I have already downloaded the advanced manual and not finding it very helpful. But the other one is very interesting.
Again many many thanks, very grateful.