Categories See All →
- General FAQ
- Tutorial Videos
- AMPLIFi Series Products
- Live Sound
- Mobile Products
- Dream Rig
- Legacy Products
- Japanese Support 日本語サポート
HELIX Support FAQ
MJSmolenski - Apr 16 2016 07:23 AM
How to update the Helix...
Doubledashie - Mar 23 2016 07:03 PM
HELIX and External Expressi...
philp335 - Jan 28 2016 03:20 PM
Helix Amp Model Comparison...
kmcnair1 - Jan 27 2016 04:18 PM
HELIX and External Expressi...
InvincibleNote - Jan 24 2016 03:29 PM
HELIX and EXT Amp Controlling
gitman_de - Jan 22 2016 03:31 PM
M13 Firmware Update Instructionsline 6 m13 firmware update instructions how to flash memory
- A MIDI interface that connects to your computer via USB (download the current Driver for it if you don't have it installed)
- 2 MIDI cables (or a MIDI interface such as the M-Audio Uno that comes with attached MIDI cables
- For further information on MIDI connectivity and interfaces, please go over the following MIDI Document.
- A MIDI sequencer app such as Cubase or a sysex app -- if you don't have a sysex app installed, do a Google search for MIDI Ox (Windows) or Sysex Librarian (Mac) then download one or the other and install it. When your MIDI interface, Driver and sysex app are ready to go, follow PROCEDURE instructions below.
- If you experieince trouble with this update, please make sure your cable connections are correct and to try uninsalling the drivers for the MIDI interface, then, downloading and re-installing the drivers from the manufacturer's website. Then, try updating once again.
- Some users found that changing the "Pause Between Played Messages" in the 'General' tab of Preferences from the default 60ms to 100ms allowed them to update.
1. Make sure the Driver is installed and working.
2. Run the MIDI Ox application.
3. Go to Option, then MIDI Devices; select USB Audio Device for both MIDI Inputs and MIDI Outputs; uncheck Automatically Attach Inputs To Outputs During Selection; click OK to accept it.
4. Go to View, then Port Routing; delete the connection between Input Ports and Output ports if they are connected; make sure only MIDI Ox Event Port connects to Output Ports.
5. Go to View, then Sysex; in Sysex View and Scratchpad, go to Sysex, then Configure, make sure to check Delay After F7 and set the Delay (Milliseconds Between Buffers) to 60ms; click OK to accept.
Now you're ready to go. One more thing: If the update fails when using a USB hub, please try it without the hub.
***WARNING: Updating your firmware will erase user created scenes. Please back up your scenes as described in the M13 Scene Backup document and the M13 Advanced User's Guide.***
1. Connect your MIDI interface to your computer via USB cable.
2. Connect the M13 MIDI Out to your MIDI interface In, and connect the M13 MIDI In to your MIDI interface Out.
3. Power on the M13 while pressing and holding down the 'Model Select' knob in FX UNIT 1 to put the M13 into FLASH UPDATE MODE.
4. Make sure your computer is set up to 'see' the MIDI interface (on Mac, you must configure Audio MIDI Setup -- on Win, see ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS For Windows Users above).
5. Download the latest M13 Firmware from the Line 6 website (log in with your Line 6 User Name).
6. Launch your sysex app and select your MIDI interface Out port (for Sysex Librarian, use the top dropdown menu -- for MIDI Ox, select Options/MIDI Devices).
7. Load the M13 sysex file (in Sysex Librarian, select 'Add to Library' from the File menu; In MIDI Ox, select Actions/Send>'SysEx File...' and the 'Sysex View and Scratchpad will pop up.
8. Press Play (in Sysex Librarian). If using MIDI-OX, select 'Send Sysex File' from the 'File' menu of the 'Sysex View and Scratchpad Window'. A file browser will open for you to navigate to the M13 sysex file you downloaded from the Line 6 website. Select the M13 sysex file and click 'Open.'
9. The M13 will receive the sysex data and the unit will be updated to the latest Firmware. It sometimes takes 30 seconds to 1 minute to appear like the unit is receiving the update and takes about 8-10 minutes to complete. The M13 will re-initialize when the update is complete and the screens will light up with the new factory presets.