Categories See All →
- General FAQ
- Computer Based Recording
- Live Sound
- Mobile Products
- Legacy Products
- Japanese Support 日本語サポート
Known Issue: Bridge+Middle Pickup Setups in Workbench HDvariax jtv pickup workbench hd variax hd bridge+middle
We are aware of a bug in the Workbench HD v2.01 software that can defeat the bridge pickup sound uploading models that use the bridge+middle pickup combination to the JTV. Users who have uploaded (even an unmodified) Spank-2 patch either individually or as part of a bank or bundle, will now have a patch which sounds identical to Spank 3 in that position.
Users who have not uploaded Spank-2 to the guitar via workbench will have the correct bridge+middle model based on the 1959 Stratocaster in Spank 2.
Users affected by the issue can use the following workaround to repair affected patches or create new Bridge+Middle patches:
1. Begin w/ the desired patch loaded in workbench making sure that the bridge and middle pickup slots are turned on.
2. Choose either the middle or bridge pickup and note the position, angle, level and model settings of either pickup.
3. Select the neck pickup slot (which should be OFF at this point) and enter the settings noted in the previous step.
4. The bridge/middle/neck labeling for the pickup slots may have changed dynamically at this point, note which pickup is OFF.
5. Turn OFF the pickup chosen in step 2.
6. Turn ON the pickup noted in step 4.
7. Upload this patch to the guitar.