Categories See All →
- General FAQ
- Computer Based Recording
- Dream Rig
- AMPLIFi Series Products
- Live Sound
- Mobile Products
- Legacy Products
- Japanese Support 日本語サポート
Post Flash Update Instructi...
aspiller - May 19 2014 06:12 PM
GearBox Plug-In: ProTools FAQgearbox plug-in pro tools usage rtas automate record standalone
Q: How do I use the Gearbox stand-alone program to record into ProTools?
A: Both the Line 6 TonePort hardware (GX/UX1/UX2/KB37) and the ProTools hardware (MBox) will need to be connected to your CPU via USB. ProTools needs the MBox designated as the soundcard on the computer (input and output audio device for the computer).
- The Line 6 TonePort USB device will need the latest Monkey, drivers, firmware, and GearBox installed on the host computer.
- Plug the instrument into the Toneport ¼” input.
- Take the Toneport analog output into the Mbox ¼ line input.
- Set the MBox controls as you normally would for gain structure.
- You will now be able to use the Gearbox stand-alone program processing into your ProTools recording application.
Q: How can I automate the Gearbox Plug-In in ProTools?
A: It is possible to automate the Gearbox Plug-In in ProTools. The directions below will take you step by step through the automation process.
- Launch a new track in Protools: Track/New/Create.
- Arm your audio track for recording and record your audio.
- Once your audio is recorded launch the GearBox Plug-In and instantiate it on your audio track: Window/Mix/Insert Selector A/Plug-In/Other/Gearbox.
- Once the GearBox Plug-In is launched dial-in or call up the tone that you want. You'll notice at the top of the plug-in GUI there is a button marked "Auto".
- Clicking on the "Auto" button will open up an interface that lists all of the paramaters that can be automated by ProTools in the GearBox Plug-In. Choose the parameters you want to automate and click on the "Add" button in the middle of the interface. Once you've selected all of the parameters you want to automate, click OK.
- In your audio track change the Automation Mode Selector button from "Read" to "Write".
- DISARM YOUR AUDIO TRACK FOR RECORDING. Click the play button on your global transport controls in ProTools and WITH YOUR MOUSE, MANUALLY ADJUST THE PARAMETERS YOU PREVIOUSLY SELECTED FROM THE "AUTO" FEATURE IN THE PLUG-IN INTERFACE.
- When you play back your track you'll notice that your automation was recorded. The knobs in the GearBox Plug-In should be moving on their own. To verify further click the "Waveform" button in your audio track, scroll down to "(FX A) Gearbox" and click on the automated parameter or parameters. The automation settings should display over your recorded waveform in your audio track.*