Currently Being ModeratedOct 19, 2009 8:48 AM (in response to Line6Andy)Re: Error 8000A009 unsupported patch type
Any progress on this issue since June 10th ?
I have same error and have nor been able to open a single patch file on Gearbox 3.7
Since this error comes up immediately when I load any patch ( even one I create using Gearbox), I really wonder are there anybody out there who dont get this error ?
Currently Being ModeratedOct 25, 2009 6:20 PM (in response to JDMason)Re: Error 8000A009 unsupported patch type
Im having the same problem, I created a bunch of new tones to upload to my pod xt live from my gearbox and I get the same error message. What good is this? Is there a solution to this problem?
Currently Being ModeratedOct 25, 2009 9:26 PM (in response to deathloff)Re: Error 8000A009 unsupported patch type
This thread has 1400 views while other threads have 20
Maybe this proves that this is a major issue with Gearbox.
However I cannot see a single constructive post by Line6 in the last 6 month on error 8000A009
I have not been able to fully try out my new Line6 XT Live as I have not been able to load a single patch into Gearbox. Not even one I create and save with Gearbox
I have MFX from Zoom and Digitech. I can tell you that on the Digitech forum, I would have seen five elmers assisting and 20 helpful post within few days of a newbie reporting a problem. On Line6 site, there is radio silence on major issues.
Now soon my return period for Line6 XT Live will come near and I will be forced to return the Hardware due to buggy Software and non-existant support.
Who wants to make a bunch of signature sound patches and have them disappear upon a hardware reset because there is no way to backup and restore individual patches ?
I think we should keep this thread alive and all of us with 8000A009 errors should post here often so that this thread is top of the list. So anyone considering buying Line6 knows that their top of the range MFX has no GUI solution even more than a year after the hardware launch.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 8, 2009 5:16 PM (in response to JDMason)Re: Error 8000A009 unsupported patch type
I don't normally do this, but for this issue I had to. I have been wrestling with this issue for some time (Error: Unsupported Patch Type) - Ever since I found out one of my favorite artists has his patches available for download on his website. I have been wrestling with GearBox and his l6t files for some time now (I've attached it in case anyone else wants to try it out).
Anyway, tonight I finally got it fixed thanks to help from this thread. What I found was the problem:
1. Line 6 Monkey did not recognize my drivers file. I would update drivers via Line 6 Monkey, only to reopen it and have it show NO DRIVERS!!!.
2. GearBox would give me the dreaded 8000A009 error.
How I fixed it:
* Open Command Prompt (Accessories > Command Prompt or Run > cmd) and type "hdwwiz.cpl" (or Control Panel > Add New Hardware)
* Click Next until it asks if you've hooked in the hardware yet.
* Select YES, even if your pedal isn't plugged in (this worked for me and I don't actually have the pedal).
* Select add new hardware device (bottom of the list)
* Select Install the hardware the I manually select (Advanced)
* Select Sound, video and game controllers
* Select Line 6 from the manufacturer list
* Select the device you want (for the attached file, use a POD X3 Live)
* Click Next twice
* The device installs.
* Shut down GearBox if it is running.
* Open GearBox and load the patches you want - the error should be gone!!!
Hope this helps someone else out, too.
- LB-PODX3-V1.l6t (512.0 K)
Currently Being ModeratedJul 16, 2010 12:50 PM (in response to heyitstval)Re: Error 8000A009 unsupported patch type
I have Windows Vista and "Command Prompt" comes up as some sort of text document. Also, when I try to find the command "Add Hardware" it redirects me to the Help page and shows me how to add a printer or install a USB device. What should I do?
EDIT: Nevermind! I spoke too soon... just figured it out!