Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M9 Tempo Synch just a little off?

macnevine

Hi I am midi synching the new mybeatbuddy drum machine to the M9 "midi in" and the mybeatbuddy master tempo for example is 90 but the master tempo on the M9 is showing 89.6. The M9 is about .04 off on any tempo I chose.  

The good news is the M9 definitely is changing when I change the master tempo on mybeatbuddy which was my goal so my effexts would match the tempo.  My M9 is new so I wondered if .04 was close enough? It is hard to notice being I am only synching effects like delay and modulation.  

I just thought it would read the exact same number as the other device if it was synched properly.  Thoughts from those with more experience on whether or not this small error of margin is something I should worry about?  I am running the latest firmware.

It's not necessarily unusual to have the displayed tempo of the two devices not match up. The question is does it actually sound like they are in sync. The fact that they're displaying tempos off be by .4 could actually be a rounding error. Does the Beat Buddy let you dial in tempos to the tenth of the BPM? I looked at the manual, and it doesn't appear that it does. So if it's just setting the tempo to the nearest whole BPM, it could be that it is actually not exactly at 90 BPM itself. Or it could be that it is, and the M9's internal clock is reading it slightly different. No two internal clocks will match perfectly.