Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod xt access denied

In Monkey you need to update USB firmware and Flash Mem.

Try different USB cables and port if you are having issues.

Also, without the PODxt connected, see which firmware it has.

If it is 1.x, you will first need to flash with the PODxt's MIDI port to add USB utilities.

Ahhhh Ok well it is being seen in some shape or form.

Triryche is right in pointing out that there was an old firmware that needs to be updated to enable the usb functionality (good spot btw).

IIRC (don't have one here) use the tuner button, scroll down to the last page and see the flash version.

-B

Alright then it must be an issue with XP finding the driver. Use a usb cable not the midi/usb adaptor if thats what you were using before - do not use a hub btw.

You will have to try manually selecting which driver windows will use.  First with XT not connected - find where you installed the L6 drivers so the next step you can go to the folder (IE: c:\p-files\line6\drivers\xt -> something like that).

Plug the XT in and when the winxp hw-wizard fires up you are going to try the "select from folder" (I think thats the option). Point the hw-wizard at the folder you previously found.

Hopefully that will do the trick - if it fails try uninstalling the drivers, reboot then try once more. This looks like a system issue rather than an XT one at this point.

-B

You hit the tuner button then use the knob to scroll to the last page (can't remember but I think its the left one not the tweak - 50% chance) :)

It looks like something in WinXP is not allowing a restore point (guessing as I've never had this issue).

I did a quick search of the ole www and this issue does crop up for usb and hardware issues but lets see if some of our guys have any other ideas first.

Thanks for the vid it helped.

Bill

Thanks CP,

One last thing try a safe mode flash - copied from another thread:

-B

If it has never been serviced AND you've had it fror about 2 years with no problems, let's try to reflash the unit in safe mode:

Under the LCD screen are four solid black keys: Press and hold down the first one on the left while powering on the unit. This boots it into safe mode.

Now connect it to your computer and launch Line 6 Monkey. Proceed to reinstall EVERY item under the UPDATES tab. Let me know if that works.

Try it again if the first time does not work.

If after the second attempt the problem still persists, please consult a service center in your area. You can find one here: http://line6.com/support/serviceCenters/

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...