Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Low E honk

Just bought a JTV69. I enjoy playing it, I love the modeling...just what the doctor ordered. But, the low E string has a honking sound that really detracts from the sound of the guitar, obscures the attack actually. I'm hoping someone else has experienced this and has a fix so I don't have to choose between living with this irksome sound or returning it and losing the benefit of having this versatile guitar. It has to be an overly sensitive piezo. Can that be adjusted or is the entire bridge bad? Thx for any help you can muster.

Exactly! Very pronounced on the les Paul setting. I had a used variax 700 for a few weeks and no such issues. You think it's permanent and nothing can be done to fix it? Is this why they are marking down the 69's and the other models are still over 1k?

That would be very sad, as I like a Strat style guitar. There has to be a fix.

Exactly! Very pronounced on the les Paul setting. I had a used variax 700 for a few weeks and no such issues. You think it's permanent and nothing can be done to fix it? Is this why they are marking down the 69's and the other models are still over 1k?

That would be very sad, as I like a Strat style guitar. There has to be a fix.

It's like a mid range honky twang, but not appealing like a strat or tele twang.

I'd suggest trying to swap for another JTV. I think it'll be there to some extent, just shouldn't be there so strongly. It makes the Les Paul setting unusable in E standard imo, especially for palm muting. Just sounds really awkward.

I personally made an "SG" patch for the non HD firmware which gets rid of this problem, sounds really good.

Like I've said, trade for a different one because I'm sure someone tried to send theirs in for this problem only to be told it's not broken.

Also, what firmware are you using?

I have the latest software version prior to HD. My plan is to change the strings, make sure they're seated properly in the bridge, adjust the height of the string and if that fails, fiddle with detail settings in Workbench, but I'm thinking it's a hardware issue.

Thanks for the advice Clay-Man. I'll report back later on either my success of defeat.