Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500X - No new features...no updates?!

lilguitar

Since Line 6 implemented the idea site to collect feedback from users on what features they wanted to see added....not one update or feature has been added to the HD series.

Was this a ploy to placate users and give them a false sense that 'new' features were on the way or are we going to see some new HD models soon?

Meanwhile, Fractal looks like they are launching an all in one board with continued updates and additions.

Anybody still working in the HD department? It's been awfully silent.

• Upvote 1

Mmmm, I know what you mean. I've just had a quick look at IdeaScale and a lot of the ideas with the most votes seem to be from POD HD users so it's disappointing we have seen no updates. Some of the top ideas seem like they would be pretty easy to implement too, like copy/paste settings between patches on HD edit.

Come on Line 6, throw us a bone! I for one am very easily pleased, just give me one update and I'll be happy. Not sure about the rest of the guys in the HD forums though  ;)

you're way off dude. not every idea on that site is even possible...

some may be in the next generation product... and they 100% do read and use those ideas...

you got what you paid for... anything else is purely bonus... if/when it happens..

no reason to be upset....

• Upvote 1

you're way off dude. not every idea on that site is even possible...

some may be in the next generation product... and they 100% do read and use those ideas...

you got what you paid for... anything else is purely bonus... if/when it happens..

no reason to be upset....

Yes, there are plainly some ridiculous requests on IdeaScale, but going back to my original comment there are some 'easy fixes' too. I absolutely get what you are saying about 'you got what you paid for' but many people (myself being one of them) would be quite happy with the occasional extra feature like copy/ pasting effects blocks which are not only doable but easily so. IMHO of course, other opinions are welcome.....

The answer is kind of weak, as almost every digital product we use on a daily basis gets updated regularly. Either a company crowd sources ideas to sort through and implement, or they have people in house to do it regularly. Windows and iOS users never just 'get what you paid for' as they are updated as technology and Better Ways of Doing Things evolve. The reason users expect it is that we live with this idea that in the Digital Age, everything evolves. Line6 even crowd sources presets, and doesn't even offer additional artist set lists periodically, which wouldn't require any code unpacking. Let's face it, in computer terms, 4 or 5 years is old. Most of us don't use phones that old, so we can't be blamed when we spend money on a digital product touting to be revolutionary yet only is actually revolutionary on the day you buy it. I have plenty of analog pedals and amps and happily got what I paid for. I don't think you can throw an HD500 in the same catagory.

• Upvote 1

if you're not happy with what a product can do when you buy it... why buy it....

sure it can be made better... always...that would be a bonus....

but you shouldn't suddenly become unhappy because it's not "made better"

it's still the same product that you happily bought....

not rocket science...

updates are a gift.... fixes may be a different (but noone is saying fix problem "x" here... they are saying give me "more")

L6 and many other tech companies are historically generous with these updates...

there will surely be updates in the future... i just dont see how that should affect your happiness with the product now.

• Upvote 1

The answer is kind of weak, as almost every digital product we use on a daily basis gets updated regularly. Either a company crowd sources ideas to sort through and implement, or they have people in house to do it regularly. Windows and iOS users never just 'get what you paid for' as they are updated as technology and Better Ways of Doing Things evolve. The reason users expect it is that we live with this idea that in the Digital Age, everything evolves. Line6 even crowd sources presets, and doesn't even offer additional artist set lists periodically, which wouldn't require any code unpacking. Let's face it, in computer terms, 4 or 5 years is old. Most of us don't use phones that old, so we can't be blamed when we spend money on a digital product touting to be revolutionary yet only is actually revolutionary on the day you buy it. I have plenty of analog pedals and amps and happily got what I paid for. I don't think you can throw an HD500 in the same catagory.

It seems to me that operating systems and other computer software and modelers are completely different things. The vast majority or OS updates are dealing with things like security updates and stuff like that. Most updates have very little impact on the way most users use the OS. Occasionally, there are bigger updates - like Windows 8 to 8.1 - that deal with some major functionality. I think that updates that happen too frequently are annoying. I hate, for example, getting asked to update iTunes every time I open it up. I usually put it off as long as possible.

But what if there are small, annoying things that were never implemented, like the ability to copy or paste settings in software or the lack of expression pedal control of volume for the looper. The m9 and dl4 had it, but not the flagship product. With other companies constantly improving their products, and forums full of people complaining about this exact thing, why pick L6 next time? I don't understand defending the lack of updates, saying that everyone who complains should know better. Funny thing is, I think now we all do.

But what if there are small, annoying things that were never implemented, like the ability to copy or paste settings in software or the lack of expression pedal control of volume for the looper. The m9 and dl4 had it, but not the flagship product. With other companies constantly improving their products, and forums full of people complaining about this exact thing, why pick L6 next time? I don't understand defending the lack of updates, saying that everyone who complains should know better. Funny thing is, I think now we all do.

Well, I think Line 6 is constantly improving their products, too. It doesn't mean, though, that they're going to be able to implement every feature that's asked for. They obviously have limited resources just like every other company. I guess it's just a matter of customers deciding what things they're willing to live with and which are dealbreaker. Regarding the looper thing, I think that it's just not something that affects a large portion of the user base or that they think has been worth changing. People may disagree with them, sure. All I'm saying is that someone has to make these types of decisions. And there's always going to be some people that are unhappy with them.

I have to say that this is an excellent and well laid out argument and I will also add that his feelings and opinion are shared amongst a large percentage of consumers today. Consumers do not want their relation with a product to end at the purchase, they want it to continue for some time with additional features and content and this is especially true in the digital age and with music software and hardware.

In Line 6's defense, maybe the pod just can't handle additional features and content and maybe the man hours involved in tweaking it's software and implementing the firmware is a bust. I just don't know the answer, but it appears that it's a locked product at this stage. What you see, is what you get.

They will have to change directions in the future because of consumers expectations. Although there are some users who just want 4 amps and a simple interface, there are others who want access to a marketplace where they can purchase additional content such as amps, effects, cabs, etc. Furthermore, they expect a consistent flow of regular updates and features. Although not a fair comparison, but AxeFX, S-Gear, Boss, Zoom as well as others are doing this.

Someone brought Apple and Windows to the discussion, I don't think that's and apples to oranges comparison, but I will state that Apple releases a new operating system every year as well as major updates to almost all of their apps. Cost to their customers: free.

Well, I can say that I am sure that the HD500 and 500X are not "locked product" at this stage. Just based on what has been said publicly by Line 6 reps, I'm certain that's not how they see it.

Regarding iOS, I actually think that for all it gets discussed, the features that are added from one version to another are actually kind of minor as far as the overall usability of the devices goes. The thing that seems to get changed that would be noticed the most by most users is the camera app. Other than that, it's hard for me to remember the differences in the versions. Oh, and perhaps the Apple Maps app.

Well, I can say that I am sure that the HD500 and 500X are not "locked product" at this stage. Just based on what has been said publicly by Line 6 reps, I'm certain that's not how they see it.

Regarding iOS, I actually think that for all it gets discussed, the features that are added from one version to another are actually kind of minor as far as the overall usability of the devices goes. The thing that seems to get changed that would be noticed the most by most users is the camera app. Other than that, it's hard for me to remember the differences in the versions. Oh, and perhaps the Apple Maps app.

The iOS example is a great one. Apple release a slightly tweaked product periodically free of charge with a few new features and bug fixes. Which electronics company has the most loyal following, people who nearly always buy their most up to date product as soon as it's released? Apple. Line 6 could take a leaf out of their book and really lock in some brand loyalty. 

I want to be really clear ion this; I am not Line 6 bashing by any means. I have bought into the whole 'dream rig' thing and think it's awesome. RealZap mentioned in an earlier post that 'you got what you paid for' and 'anything else is a bonus'. He's right, but sometimes a small bonus goes a long way to keeping the punters happy and surely that's what L6 ultimately want.

I'll get off my soap box now!!

I don't know if I'd call Line6 'Constantly improving their products', in the way, say other digital companies do. There are dozens and dozens of posts from people in other forums who bought the HD500, made suggestions, and haven't seen any of them implemented. Sure, we go back to the 'you bought what you bought' argument, but in the end, it is L6 that loses. While I still own my POD, I got a better basic sound faster with a newer product that is 1/3rd the size and half the cost. From the outside, it looked like the PODHD started great, then L6 lost some key people, had limited resources, and then decided to focus on newer products rather than the old. This is fine, but to ignore many people who complain about the lack of responses to customer feedback (try the new IdeaScale: this time we are REALLY listening!) and turning the obvious expectation back on the customer (know what you are buying, next time, pal) doesn't make me confident in the future.

• Upvote 1

Not to stray too far from the subject, but the Apple applications, both IOS and OS X that get updated every year for free, are not minor at all. There is  a tremendous amount of code that is added and rewritten and one of the big reasons is the interaction between IOS and OS X. Microsoft is doing the same with their operating systems where their desktop and mobile apps are interacting.

And none of those updates support older hardware. iOS won't even run on iPhones 1-4. Windows 8 can't even run on my computer. So whilst OSs are being updated each update loses a few users until they buy newer hardware, so I'm not really getting this iOS analogy as a Line 6 business plan at all. At some point to add new features requires new hardware, and naturally ends the update support for the older product.

I don't see regular updates from Boss as suggested (my RC-50 got on bug-fix update, my RC-300 two or three. There have been no more updates). Also the frequent Axe FX updates often cited as the way to do things are for the Axe FX II: the original model is also OS-mothballed, so there is no perfect solution from any company that I can see.

And none of those updates support older hardware. iOS won't even run on iPhones 1-4. Windows 8 can't even run on my computer. So whilst OSs are being updated each update loses a few users until they buy newer hardware, so I'm not really getting this iOS analogy as a Line 6 business plan at all. At some point to add new features requires new hardware, and naturally ends the update support for the older product.

I don't see regular updates from Boss as suggested (my RC-50 got on bug-fix update, my RC-300 two or three. There have been no more updates). Also the frequent Axe FX updates often cited as the way to do things are for the Axe FX II: the original model is also OS-mothballed, so there is no perfect solution from any company that I can see.

That's not a correct comparison, axe fx II is the latest fractal audio product and they release firmware updates quite often and IOS updates are for the last 3 products iphone 5 iphone 5s iphone 6.. We want the latest product podhd500x to be updated as the other companies like fractalaudio...Nobody expect their pod 2.0/xt/x3 to be updated with more features in this topic.

And as i said before ''I have sold my 4 years old podhd500 last month because i think there won't be a huge update or addition of new amps and specs to it.Now i am waiting for a new product and i hope we can see it soon.''

I am waiting for the new products..

I have been purchasing Line 6 products for many years.  They are not cheap.  Updates nowadays are via software, not hardware like 20 years ago.  It is much easier/cheaper to update.  When I pay for a product, I'm sure they tack on a few extra bucks (maybe hundreds) that include updates.  That is what software vendors like Apple, Microsoft and probably even Line 6 does.  So I expect regular updates until a new product comes out which replaces it.

• Upvote 1

I have been purchasing Line 6 products for many years.  They are not cheap.  Updates nowadays are via software, not hardware like 20 years ago.  It is much easier/cheaper to update.  When I pay for a product, I'm sure they tack on a few extra bucks (maybe hundreds) that include updates.  That is what software vendors like Apple, Microsoft and probably even Line 6 does.  So I expect regular updates until a new product comes out which replaces it.

I totally agree...That's exactly what i was trying to say with my poor english. 

if you're not happy with what a product can do when you buy it... why buy it....

sure it can be made better... always...that would be a bonus....

but you shouldn't suddenly become unhappy because it's not "made better"

it's still the same product that you happily bought....

not rocket science...

updates are a gift.... fixes may be a different (but noone is saying fix problem "x" here... they are saying give me "more")

L6 and many other tech companies are historically generous with these updates...

there will surely be updates in the future... i just dont see how that should affect your happiness with the product now.

Not just a lame answer....but a BS answer!

Line 6 has set a strong precedent in the past by continuing to add value to their hardware with firmware updates with new models, effects, features etc...not simply bug fixes. Future support of a product is absolutely essential in the decision making process for buyers...dismissing that is ignorant.

I love Line 6 products and I certainly havent written them off yet. I have a hard time believing that a company that has provided such value and support to their hardware in the past, while all its competition is doing the same (adding features with firmware updates) has changed philosophies to 'we got your money sucker...don't expect lollipop out of us anymore after you open the box'.

The HD stuff is not legacy junk, it certainly doesnt need a hardware refresh...it's built like a tank! It makes good sense to continue to drive sales of the hardware by adding new features internally.

Perhaps the acquisition did slow things down, but it hasn't seemed to affect Amplifi and Sonic Port VX, plenty of love there. Still getting bombarded with Relay and Stage Source marketing emails too.

• Upvote 1

let me be clear... my reply was not an answer.

it's the simple truth.... 

you don't have to like it.... 

noone here is saying that there wont be updates...

begging for updates just to have them is silly....

there's pages and pages on ideascale of people asking for specific updates (where that belongs...)

but just generically asking that the version goes up and you get a new blinky light....

silly.

there most likely WILL be updates to the 500 and 500x

my responses have nothing to do with that....

i just think that your expectations as a consumer are what is making you angry here...

when the reality is... they can update it or not... under no obligation...

truth.

Not just a lame answer....but a BS answer!

Line 6 has set a strong precedent in the past by continuing to add value to their hardware with firmware updates with new models, effects, features etc...not simply bug fixes. Future support of a product is absolutely essential in the decision making process for buyers...dismissing that is ignorant.

I love Line 6 products and I certainly havent written them off yet. I have a hard time believing that a company that has provided such value and support to their hardware in the past, while all its competition is doing the same (adding features with firmware updates) has changed philosophies to 'we got your money sucker...don't expect lollipop out of us anymore after you open the box'.

The HD stuff is not legacy junk, it certainly doesnt need a hardware refresh...it's built like a tank! It makes good sense to continue to drive sales of the hardware by adding new features internally.

Perhaps the acquisition did slow things down, but it hasn't seemed to affect Amplifi and Sonic Port VX, plenty of love there. Still getting bombarded with Relay and Stage Source marketing emails too.

That's not a correct comparison, axe fx II is the latest fractal audio product and they release firmware updates quite often and IOS updates are for the last 3 products iphone 5 iphone 5s iphone 6.. We want the latest product podhd500x to be updated as the other companies like fractalaudio...Nobody expect their pod 2.0/xt/x3 to be updated with more features in this topic.

I don't disagree with you at all. The only reason I mentioned Axe FX is because it made no sense to me within the OS update argument.

However I hope all you 500/500x users get an update and get some fun stuff, but I guess what some of us are trying to say is, if it isn't right for you now, then you need something else rather than waiting on some update which might make it perfect for you (not you personally as you've sold yours, the general you).

This whole iOS/Windows arguement is Apples and Oranges (no pun intended) compared to what we are talking about. When updates are made to iOS and Windows, we're talking Gigabytes of changes to the operating system...bloating of the operating system that eventually cripples it or renders it useless without out hardware changes like faster processors, etc to drive it.

We're not talking about adding a new sound engine or changing the current algorithms from HD to 3D per se. That just took place when they switched from XT/X3 to the HD. We're simply talking about adding new models that the same processor can crunch in the same manner as the original ones. So it shouldn't be an issue of the installed Operating System not being able to keep up. So long as there is some space to hold newer amp models...I really don't think we've hit that ceiling yet with respect to space.

let me be clear... my reply was not an answer.

it's the simple truth.... 

you don't have to like it.... 

noone here is saying that there wont be updates...

begging for updates just to have them is silly....

there's pages and pages on ideascale of people asking for specific updates (where that belongs...)

but just generically asking that the version goes up and you get a new blinky light....

silly.

there most likely WILL be updates to the 500 and 500x

my responses have nothing to do with that....

i just think that your expectations as a consumer are what is making you angry here...

when the reality is... they can update it or not... under no obligation...

truth.

Line 6 formed my expectations from past product support. I'm calling attention to the fact that Line 6 was putting out new features/models on a schedule of every 6 months and it's now been over two years and not a peep. I agree, some people are asking for the silliest stuff on ideascale, but seriously...they've collected over 1400 suggestions, 25,000 votes and not so much as one new amp model added in two years, when previously they were adding new features every 6 months?

New hardware requests...got it, those will have to wait until the next hardware revision, I don't think anyone will argue there and I honestly don't think we're in need of a hardware refresh. But come on...no new amp models in two years? If that's the new precedent, so be it, but don't mistake that that will influence disenfranchised long time Line 6 customers.

• Upvote 1

Line 6 set the consumer expectation high with the launch of "idea scale". It seems for the POD HD users that none of the ideas posted in idea scale have actually been executed and delivered. I fully understand the fact that you buy what you buy and anything is gravy, but if you solicit ideas, the expectation is that some of them will be worked on.

• Upvote 1

Feel free to copy and paste as necessary:

We read every single IdeaScale submission. Personally, I check it twice a day, and on Fridays, my entire department gets an email with all submissions received the previous week. We couldn't avoid it if we tried.

Most submissions echo things Line 6 has already discussed, but it's nice to know we're on the right track. Some submissions detail products we've already developed in the past, but for whatever reason, were never able to bring to market. Many submissions detail features we've already been working on for months (or years). Some submissions detail things we're about to release. Some submissions spawn ideas on how to better implement an existing feature for a future product. But mostly, we use IdeaScale for prioritizing.

Super-rough guess, so don't quote me—You will see dozens of IdeaScale submissions implemented to various degrees by the end of 2015.

Firmware development takes a long time. I suppose if Line 6 were two dudes in a garage making three products with no investors to satisfy, we could crank out new goodies every week. At the other extreme, if Line 6 were Apple or Google, we'd just throw money at it and hire 10,000 new engineers. We're somewhere in the middle—lots of products to support, active development of dozens more, yet subject to the whims of the relatively tiny MI industry.

No feature is ever "easy to implement". Extensive testing is required for very minor changes, in case a compiling anomaly breaks something else. Some feature you believe may be bonehead simple may be extremely difficult (or impossible) to implement, due to myriad factors. For example, POD HD's EQs not displaying in dB or Hz deals with the method in which the DSP and MCU communicate. It would require fundamental architectural changes, and preclude fifteen other feature requests.

That said, we're not done with POD HD. Please be patient.

• Upvote 4

We got a nice Soldano amp model just a couple years ago and the last couple updates were for better integration within their other products plus a couple bug fixes that were important.  That's not bad in my book.  Unlike a phone, we don't pay $100 a month to use it.  And unlike Windows, there's not a 100 million people buying it.

Would I enjoy some more features ?  Sure.  A global EQ would be great.  But I don't see anything better from anyone else except Kemper and AXE and they cost a lot more money. 

And now that I read how to get the Logidy C1 IR unit to work with the PODHD, that gives me options to improve my tone.

Dumping the PODHD because you don't believe anymore updates are coming out and waiting for something new sounds like someone needs a Snicker's Bar. 

Yet these types of threads continue across forums, because an amp added 'a couple of years ago' seems pretty meek compared to the rate in which products used to be updated by L6 and products/features added to high-end digital gear by other companies. Hey, I really am not beating up on L6, but come on, you have to agree that the radio silence for a few years would pinch a few panties. Every week, we get an update email for IdeaScale, and I stopped clicking on the link because week after week, it looks like nothing is done. I know it was explained how you go over every suggestion, and how some can cause problems, but unless you are reading this thread, it looks like it is being ignored.

That said, we're not done with POD HD. Please be patient.

There, that wasn't that hard. :)

while its always like Christmas when we get new stuff in an update, honestly, other than bug fixes and feature updates, I don't really NEED anything new.  Truth is I have barely scratched the surface of what this can do.  And I post a lot of lollipops on here...  I mainly use a handful of amp models and some go to FX.  There are at least a dozen amps I have hardly even touched for experimenting with.  So many different cab and mic combinations, FX chains...  So much still to learn...

Really, how the f*ck can you honestly say you are bored with this gear and are dumping it because they didn't give you a new amp model to play once or twice and complain about?  Oh yeah, that one time at band camp when you clicked on that one amp and it didn't sound like you thought it would...

• Upvote 1

While I am not bored with the HD500, I did find a better tool for the job (in a setup that includes an M9), and by better, I mean lighter, faster, easier to tweak and generally sounding better- a lot better- when I use IEMs live. I keep the HD for recording, and I am still curious about the development of the HD as I use it for $. Threads like this, and the weekly IdeaScale emails I get...can be frustrating, and I am not alone as I can see. I appreciate thoughtful comments by those who work for L6, though, because in the end, we all want a better product.

If you pay attention to posts from people like Digital_Igloo, it's pretty clear to see that they're going to implement some of the at least some of the ideas in Ideascale to the current HD line relatively soon (in the next year, probably? Hard to say) They've asked incredibly detailed questions to the users here on the forums about setlist/preset management, routing, cabinet impulse lengths in samples, DSP management/expectations, and even hinted at a few potentially new amp models. I'm pretty convinced that custom IRs are going to be the next big addition to the 500x software wise - in June they were asking absurdly technical questions about sample lengths, and claiming that custom IRs of 1024 samples would take up a specific amount of DSP.. they wouldn't have talked about it like that if it wasn't something they were working on in one form or another. It's been a while since that came up, I have a hunch that it's right around the corner, though I'm probably just being optimistic.

Of course nothing is solid, but it's pretty easy to get an idea of what they're working on if you poke around. Kind of exciting, actually.

I'll be the first to admit it - I'm bummed that the POD HD line doesn't take the top priority in their development/update pipeline.. I wish we got updates with new stuff all the time - I wish it was open source actually, in the sense that independent developers could write their own code for the Pod HD line. But that's a pretty unrealistic viewpoint. They've got all kinds of new products and features that they've released recently, not to mention that they now belong to another company. Gotta keep things in context..

Whenever I get upset about this and consider getting a different brand of product - I turn on my 500x and start playing, and I actually have fun. That's incredibly valuable..! Yes, I wish there were more thing, and the things like the Axe FX with it's constant updates make us all drool, for sure.. but the Pod HD line is one that makes me want to sit and play music. I'll stick with it and see what the future holds - even if I decide to go elsewhere, it's an incredible product, and an incredible time to be involved in the modeling community.

Cheers to Line6 for (hopefully) doing the best you can!

By the way, Digital_Igloo -

You asked previously (In June) about what IR lengths we'd prefer and such - Not many people responded. You came to the conclusion that it's only a small subset of users that care - but let me iterate that I've talked to LOTS of people in person about my setup, and those who know anything about the current state of modelers almost always bring up the lack of custom IRs as a show stopper. People want it, it would move the Pod HD line into a new category of product.

And I'd say between 512 and 1024 samples as the limit for IRs would be great, and totally worth the 12.5 to 25% DSP cost :)

"You got what you paid for... anything else is purely bonus... if/when it happens..

no reason to be upset...."

Sorry mate disagree, fine if you bought it 4 years ago, but anybody buying it recently with Line 6 advert blurb screaming...updated, regular updates, new amps etc has every right to feel a bit trashed. Would affect sales, but gotta be honest to the customer.

I've been following the HD500X recently, with a view to replacing my ageing Boss GT-10 with it for live use. I was a bit disappointed when I saw that the HD500X was a bit lacking in high gain amps compared to my venerable XT Live, but figured it probably wouldn't matter as I'd use my real amp in the loop for that instead. I was also a bit concerned that there don't seem to have been any additions to the amp models, when back with my XT Live I remember a handful of different upgrades - the Metal Shop, FX Junkie, etc.

Despite this, I'd decided recently to take the plunge and buy an HD500X. That's when I found out that none of my local dealers stock it. Some stock Line 6 products but they only have relatively old ones: M9, M13, HD400, Pocket Pod. I spoke to one of the dealers and they said that they want to stock the HD500X but Line 6 have basically stopped replying to their calls for more stock. Even some of the online retailers that order stock on demand aren't listing it, probably because they're not confident they can get hold of any.

So it doesn't just seem like Line 6 aren't doing much for existing owners of the HD500X, it seems like they aren't particularly pushing it (or anything else) to new people either. Maybe they're gearing up for a big relaunch and are scaling back support for legacy products (and let's face it, the HD500X is just an HD500 with some component upgrades). I don't know. I still want one, but I'm going to have to travel some way to find one (or order online), and I'm not expecting many updates.

"You got what you paid for... anything else is purely bonus... if/when it happens..

no reason to be upset...."

Sorry mate disagree, fine if you bought it 4 years ago, but anybody buying it recently with Line 6 advert blurb screaming...updated, regular updates, new amps etc has every right to feel a bit trashed. Would affect sales, but gotta be honest to the customer.

Line 6 has never made those sorts of claims in any ad I've seen.

I have a hunch that it's right around the corner, though I'm probably just being optimistic.

Yesterday, I was working on a product that may not be released until 2017. The stuff we have coming out next year? Started working on those in 2010.

I'll be the first to admit it - I'm bummed that the POD HD line doesn't take the top priority in their development/update pipeline...

I'd say "floor modelers" generally take top priority in Line 6's development/update pipeline, but we have a lot of other stuff to work on. For example, just getting our huge list of legacy products working properly with OS X Yosemite was a massive undertaking.

2015's going to be big for us.