Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod hd500x works as a soundcard but guitar is muted???

Deledhel

Hello guys! First time post...I really need help :/

Next week is gig week (tuesday last rehearsal) so time is of the essence... I usually keep my pod plugged with my headphones for silent noodling (haven't used the editor for quite some time). Today I try to make some patches for the upcoming gigs and the Pod refused to let my guitar make any sound while connected via usb. It'd be quite comical if I wasn't in a hurry... 

I connect the pod via usb. It gets recognized. It works as a soundcard (my monitors can play music f.e.). My guitar can't make a sound. As long as I disconnect the pod from the pc my guitar is "on-line" again. However I cannot use the freaking editor and I need to... What do?

I already checked with other guitars/cables. Also, I upgraded everything (drivers/editor/flash) to the current versions. Input selected is guitar. So either it's a setting I unknowingly made. or it's a PC problem. Could it be a problem with the usb cable connecting pod and pc?

Thank you for your time!

It's not quite clear to me from your post, but are your monitors connected to your computer or to your PC? If they're connected to your PC, you need to connect them to the POD when its hooked up via USB to hear your guitar through them.