Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

muting individual outputs

bugeja71

Hi, I've recently updated from X3 live to HD500X. Does anyone out there know if it's possible to mute individual balanced or unbalanced outputs? I'm trying to configure an acoustic/electric setup. Connecting electric to main input and acoustic to auxiliary. Then sending output of acoustic patches to a PA system whilst sending the "electric" signal to the front of my amp.

for acoustic setups make patches that use the FX Loop to deviate the output signal through the physical send output on the rear of your POD to go to the PA instead of the amp

I think they should allow us to use FX out as an official second output option. People said that the POD might not have multiple D/A converters for Line 6 to let us split outputs in the other outputs, but it's obvious that the loop section has it's own output section.

The POD is amazing but it's seriously lacking in the Individual Outputs department.

Sorry, but I'm not understanding this. Does that mean I'd select the FX loop as the output for only the acoustics? I'm trying to do this same thing.

At one time, I thought I'd figured this out by turning the balances to the left and right of the outputs. But it actually didn't work like that.

It SEEMS that if you've got 1/4" jacks coming out of your left and right outputs on the HD500, why coulnd't you put, say, the Right to an amp and have your electric sounds go there and then the Left could be your acoustics that you run to the PA?

Guys, tried above and seems to work fine - Thanks a lot for the help.  Don't think i'd figured it out by myself.

brywool: i'd tried the hard-panning option as you state above, but it just didn't work.  For some reason, some "unwanted" signal managed to get into each different systems (PA vs Amp).

What i've now done is include a FX loop in the last effects block chain of the acoustic patches and only connect the "send" cable with no "return" cable back to the pod.  

Guys, tried above and seems to work fine - Thanks a lot for the help.  Don't think i'd figured it out by myself.

brywool: i'd tried the hard-panning option as you state above, but it just didn't work.  For some reason, some "unwanted" signal managed to get into each different systems (PA vs Amp).

What i've now done is include a FX loop in the last effects block chain of the acoustic patches and only connect the "send" cable with no "return" cable back to the pod.  

YES! That was my situation too. It ALMOST worked but there was some really odd stuff coming through on the channel that was supposed to be off.

Bugeja71- I'm really trying to understand what you've done here. Is there ANY chance u could take a few photos? Sorry, I really want to make this work and am not understanding the whole effects loop deal.

Thanks again hurghanico.

It kind of makes sense now.

When I tried the hard panning method I didn't use a "dummy jack plug" and so, as you rightly point out out the acoustic patch also got through the Right 1/4 out .

This way I'd be able to use the FX loop for inserting pedals and won't need a separate DI box for hooking the acoustic to Front of House PA.