5 replies to this topic

#1 simbo

simbo

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:06 AM

Hi can anyone tell me please is it possible to update the DT25 using my computer connected to the Pod HD500 and then to the DT25 via the Line 6 link. Or will I have to perches an interface and cables.

Kind Regards,

simbo 

#2 mribanezmetal

mribanezmetal

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:31 AM

I'm pretty certain you can't. I double checked the PDF installation guide and it only mentions using a USB-to-MIDI interface. You would hope they would mention your method if it was possible.  M Audio uno Midisports are cheap.

I've done the update and would highly recommend it! ;)  It's awesome to have the ability to run 8 amp models across the topologies. With a midi Mobilizer II connected, I use DT Customizer for iPhone and iPad to load amp models in the amp depending on what 'flavours' Im choosing at the time or needing for a gig etc. 

For me it was totally worth the investment on a little hardware to expand the potential of an already awesome amp.  :)

#3 simbo

simbo

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:39 AM

Thanks for that info mribanezmetal. You would think there would be an interface included with the amp, same as with the jtv variax.

Kind Regards,

simbo

#4 mribanezmetal

mribanezmetal

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:19 AM

Yes I suppose your right Simbo! Maybe there logic behind is to keep costs down as not all users would be plugging in for updates/editing and the like, dunno.

#5 simbo

simbo

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:18 AM

Hi mribanezmetal, Just ordered a Dt25 head and Cab and managed to get them to throw in a midi interface, :D  the make is an Art M - Connect hope it does the job.  :unsure:

Simbo

#6 mribanezmetal

mribanezmetal

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:28 PM

Hi Simbo. Yes, that interface will be perfect. I hope you enjoy the DT25 and it serves you well!

Be sure to report back in after you've had some time with it.  ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users