Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD PRO - driver 7.3.6 cannot install

giordano78

Dear all,

I have a POD HD PRO

I updated my macbook to the Yosemite version 10.10; I went to update the line 6  driver to 7.3.6. 

after I run the installation and restart the macbook when I open the line 6Monkey  it still shows as if it was not installed.

this is quite annoying...I hope someone can help

I have tried 6 times...same result

thanks

Giordano

post-1436487-0-70793800-1414996409_thumb.png

Perhaps it is something to do with the driver. 

Try uninstalling the Line 6 installer and only check the driver in the pop up uninstall menu.

You will need the earlier driver on your computer. I think you can get it on the download page.

Connect the HDPRO and it should install automatically. It does on PC not sure about Mac but hopefully it will.

Open EDIT should be recognized.

Then open Monkey, It will probably tell to upgrade to the latest driver DON'T

Do the flash if you need to.

Hope that is it.

I forgot to ask, was it recognized prior to the O/S upgrade?

Perhaps it is something to do with the driver. 

Try uninstalling the Line 6 installer and only check the driver in the pop up uninstall menu.

You will need the earlier driver on your computer. I think you can get it on the download page.

Connect the HDPRO and it should install automatically. It does on PC not sure about Mac but hopefully it will.

Open EDIT should be recognized.

Then open Monkey, It will probably tell to upgrade to the latest driver DON'T

Do the flash if you need to.

Hope that is it.

I forgot to ask, was it recognized prior to the O/S upgrade?

didn't work....but thanks for your help...it just go back to the same situation

this is really bad....whats happening to Line 6? this is should be a PRO item, and the driver should be debugged....

:( if I can't use WTF I'm going to do?! 

really upset

I totally understand your frustration.

But, 

Lets back track the change. What changed?

You upgraded to Yoseamite.

Correct target for your frustration.

I saw a post the other day on FB regarding iit's bugs.

That is your culprit.

sorry I need to say the truth, I have installed yosemite, spent a day updating everything and it has been the best OS X since a while; I'm using a 17" Macbook pro late  2011 with 8GB and I'm upgrading to 16GB. I'm not going to update to a new macbook because never had issue with Logic pro even with 8GB.

honestly Line 6 HD pro, is a great product, I changed after years of being an extremist of valves...I used to play with Carvin QuadX amp and Marshall 9200...then I fell in love for Line 6 pod Hd pro after a trial in a store....I was tempted even to buy the Pod Hd pro X. great sounds....but guys can't accept these problems with drivers...if you want line 6 to become the standard for world musician need to invest in debugging.....

I hope they fix this issue soon

I'm having issues with my UX8 hardware.  Still not showing up as updated in Monkey and crashing the laptop to boot.  

Line 6 are currently in the process of debugging the 7.3.6 drivers.  Despite their claim that they are Yosemite-compatible, they're not.

I wouldn't blame Line6 for this, even though they are the ones stuck with fixing it.  Apple should have done a better job of not breaking things that used to run.  If this was Microsoft instead of Apple, most people wouldn't hesitate to blame Microsoft.  Latest isn't always the greatest.

But sorry, there was nothing in my post that was helpful.  I do know it takes a while to fix these things and it's not easy, even for very experienced programmers.  Been there...  Be patient, they'll get it working.