Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Noob question - no sound on computer HD500x

robertmcollins3

Sorry as I'm sure this is a silly question.  But I plugged in my HD500x to my computer using the USB cable and installed the editing software.  But I have no sound in the computer (headphones and everything else works fine). 

I'm assuming I need to hook something else up in order to hear the sounds from my computer?  Thanks!

The POD HD becomes the sound card, so all your pc sounds will go thru it too.

Yes it becomes an available sound card, but it doesn't have to be the sound card - if you are not recording from the HD interface then there is no reason to make it the active sound card and all sound on the computer can continue to be output using the existing interface.

If you are Recording using the HD as the incoming sound card, then at least on windows then it also needs to be the outbound sound card.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it becomes an available sound card, but it doesn't have to be the sound card - if you are not recording from the HD interface then there is no reason to make it the active sound card and all sound on the computer can continue to be output using the existing interface.

If you are Recording using the HD as the incoming sound card, then at least on windows then it also needs to be the outbound sound card.

Correct, it doesn't have to be the soundboard, but when it is not, and you are using the pc's soundcard, the pc's soundcard is connected to the pc speakers, the HD is not.

To play the HD trhu your PC's sound card you would need to run the HD's analog outs into the pc's Line In.