Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Controlling Pan in POD HD500X Presets

TylerSocholotuik

Hello,

I am planning to use my POD HD500X live in the future, and I would like to change my panning within my presets for different parts of songs, and I am wondering how I would do that when connected to a mixer? I am currently using both XLR outputs and connecting them to two channels of my mixer, and I have them both panned to the centre. The problem is, the mixer in the POD has individual pan controls for the A and B paths, so they have absolutely no effect. The only other thing I can think of is changing the volumes of the A and B paths.

I apologize if this doesn't really make sense, I will try to make things clearer if you have questions. 

If anyone has any advice on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tyler.

• 4 months later...

Hi all

I'm planning to buy    Line 6 POD HD500X,

but before I decide to buy I have one question regarding to the preset system.

can I save preset in FS1 - FS4?

or just in FS5 - FS8 only?

thanks all

Cherssss

You can only have FS5-FS8 control presets.  FS1-FS4 will always control on/off effects per your assignment of them.  

The only thing you can change is setting FS5-FS8 to also control on/off effect switches instead of presets.  Giving you 8 on/off switches.  This is a global setting. 

You can still control patch and bank changes by tapping the bank button first if you're in FS1-FS8 mode.  

You can save 512 presets in the HD500X, organized into 8 setlists of 64 presets, each in turn organized into 16 banks of 4 presets. Within a setlist the banks are numbered 1 - 16, with 4 presets in each bank, A through D. All of them are available for recall using FS5 - FS8 as described above, which will recall presets A through D respectively in the currently active bank of presets.

Hello,

I am planning to use my POD HD500X live in the future, and I would like to change my panning within my presets for different parts of songs, and I am wondering how I would do that when connected to a mixer? I am currently using both XLR outputs and connecting them to two channels of my mixer, and I have them both panned to the centre. The problem is, the mixer in the POD has individual pan controls for the A and B paths, so they have absolutely no effect. The only other thing I can think of is changing the volumes of the A and B paths.

I apologize if this doesn't really make sense, I will try to make things clearer if you have questions. 

If anyone has any advice on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tyler.

"two channels of my mixer, and I have them both panned to the centre"   - if this is what you have done then you will never hear any panning.  Pan the left output to the left, and the right output to the right!