Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV 89f problem!!

Hi!

I updated my guitar with the HD Workbench and the settings there are for the JTV 89 and not the 89F.

Instruments are fine, but the alt tuning is not.

Is it possible to get the factory settings for the JTV 89F??? patches... files.. anything??

Well I don't have an 89F, but going from the information on these two web pages http://uk.line6.com/jtv-89/features and http://uk.line6.com/jtv-89f/features the list of alternate tunings are identical:

Model. Access the alternate tunings you created using Variax Workbenchâ„¢, Line 6′s virtual guitar workbench software.

Standard (E A D G B E). By far the most popular tuning on a 6-string guitar.

Drop D (D A D G B E). The low E string is dropped down a full step from Standard tuning. This popular tuning has been used by bands and artists such as Rage Against the Machine, Soundgarden, Pantera and even The Beatles on "Dear Prudence."

1/2 Down (Eb Ab Db Gb Bb Eb). Each string is tuned down one half step compared to Standard tuning. Some of the greatest guitarists of all time, including Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughn, played almost exclusively 1/2 Down.

Drop Db (Db Ab Db Gb Bb Eb). Compared to Drop D, every string is dropped an additional half step. This tuning was made famous by Eddie Van Halen on the 1981 song, "Unchained,†and popularized by bands such as Nirvana on their In Utero album, Evanescence, Linkin Park, System of a Down and more.

1 Down (D G C F A D). This tuning is one full step down from Standard, and used by artists and bands including Elliot Smith, John Fogerty and Shadows Fall. You can also find it on Nirvana's "Come as You Are," "Lithium" and "Drain You," as well as Metallica’s "Sad but True" and "Devil's Dance.â€

Drop C (C G C F A D). Drop C is like a standard D tuning, with a dropped C for a more brutal sound. It’s popular with a wide variety of rock and metal bands including Carcass, Metallica, System of a Down and more.

m3 DOWN (Db Gb B E Ab Db). Compared to Standard tuning, all the strings are tuned down by three half steps. This tuning can be found on songs by Black Sabbath and others.

Drop B (B F# B E G# C#). This tuning is one and one half steps down from Drop Dand has been used by heavy metal bands such as Slayer, Slipknot and Tool.

M3 Down (C F Bb Eb G C). This tuning is a major third lower than Standard tuning. You can find it on “No One Knows†and other Queens of the Stone Age tracks, as well as songs by The Misfits and more.

Drop Bb (Bb F Bb Eb G C). Two full steps down from Drop D, this tuning is used by artists including Static-X, Bring Me the Horizon, Spineshank and Sevendust.

Baritone (B E A D F# B). This tuning is popular with a variety of hard rock and metal bands, from the Foo Fighters to Carcass.  

I agree that this is not the same as the 59/69, but I have never heard that the 89 and 89F were different in firmware.  

Perhaps you need to get Line 6 to update their advertising and documentation?  ;)