Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT25 head dead

geppert

Open a support ticket and get ready to send it it in.

Yeah, I guess so.  Luckily this HD500X sounds awesome into the effects return of my Vetta II.  That will hold me over.  Thanks for your opinion.

Update:  Ok, I opened a ticket and I'll post any updates.

DarrellM5,

Sorry to hear about your DT. Good thing it is under warranty. In my case, they (support ticket) said I had to send it in (out of warranty), but through persistence (as I indicated in my thread) I was lucky to get it working again. I suspect in your case it may still be tube related, are your old tubes totally done? If not, you can try putting them back in for a test as an alternative to the new tubes you bought. When I buy new power tubes I always get a matched set of 4. That way I have two spares. It is totally possible however that the problem is something else? The other thing I would do (if you haven't already) is to pull the chassis out completely and give it a good eye inspection for anything that looks burnt inside (in my case it looked pristine which is why I kept trying to get it working on my own). Be CAREFUL not to touch any components inside as you could SERIOUSLY hurt yourself. You mentioned a "burnt smell" so maybe something inside has fried in which case obviously a warranty repair is required. If however, you look inside and nothing appears to be burnt, then maybe it is yet another tube related issue? In my case I never blew the tube fuse only the line fuse. If you are not comfortable pulling the chassis then by all means just send it in. You should be receiving an RA number from Line 6 on that support ticket for warranty returns. Be prepared for wait on that repair.

I think however, since it is still under warranty and you have a spare amp to use, I'd be inclined to send it in if that is what your support ticket recommends. A good reason to have a spare amp as I indicated about my SV212 MKII.

Good luck ... and keep us informed about the outcome of your journey especially if it needs warranty repair and what the problem was.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I guess so.  Luckily this HD500X sounds awesome into the effects return of my Vetta II.  That will hold me over.  Thanks for your opinion.

Update:  Ok, I opened a ticket and I'll post any updates.

It's good to have a back up man!. Since the DT is down you might want to try the 4 cable method with your Vetta II, if you haven't already.