Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

getting bad noise with current setup

the_bees_knees22

Here's what I have:

Guitar >  m13 > POD HD 500 >  L6 LINK to DT-25.

Problem I'm getting:  Lots of noise, high freq stuff.  Sounds like I'm in a wind tunnel.  

Tests I've done:   (all fx off and amp modeling are off for testing)

1.  Guitar > m13 > DT-25.  --  Doesn't seem to be giving me the noise issue.  Nothing other than the usual hum anyway.

2.  Guitar > M13 > POD HD 500 guitar IN > DT-25 guitar IN (didn't use L6 LINK)  -- Once again, no noise issue other than the usual hum.

3.  Guitar > POD HD0500 > L6 LINK to DT-25 --  No noise.  other than the usual hum. 

4.  Guitar > M13 > POD HD500 guitar IN > L6 LINK to DT-25 --  Boom!  I'm in a wind tunnel.  Tons of noise.

Anyone have an idea as to why the M13 + POD combo would be giving me so much trouble when using the L6 LINK?  My M13 had been boxed up for about 3-4 years, but it should be in mint condition.   On my POD I had to have the usb interface replaced, but that's the only issue I've had. 

thanks!

try this putting the M13 in the HD500 FX loop instead.  Use a stereo insert cable (TRS to dual 1/4) from the POD FX send to the M13 stereo  inputs and then from the M13 stereo output back to the POD FX return.  Connect them both by midi too and then you can even save the M13 scene with the patch on the HD500.  

That should fix the problem...

• Upvote 1