Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bluetooth latency?

Liquidmantis

I'm considering getting an Amplifi as a quick 'n easy practice station.  Something I just turn on the single piece and I'm good to go.  My primary interest is in using it for audio while playing backing tracks and instructional videos on my iPad.  While obviously backing tracks wouldn't matter, my concern is that the Bluetooth audio connection will add too much latency and make videos annoying if not difficult to follow.  I'm hoping for comments from owners on how well the BT audio streaming performs.

I've just got mine and I'm a bit concerned about the Bluetooth streaming. A few times there has been a bit of a stutter it's quick but it's there and not the flawless result I'm looking for. Is it enough to take it back, no but I hope it gets better cos now when I play music I'm looking for it instead of just enjoying the music.

Guitar is great through it lost connection to the amp a couple of times but reconnected itself. Like you I just wanted to sit it in the living room and lift guitar and play and that's what I'm doing. Wife even likes it in there so that's a bonus.

Tone matching hasn't Been very successful for me but that might just be my type of music (Gospel). E.g clean song returning several death metal like tones!

It wasn't a cheap amp and like I said I've only had it a few days so you also want some other input but I wanted to let you know my experience.

Am I sorry I bought it, no but I do want streaming to be flawless.

I'll watch a couple of YouTube videos tomorrow and let you know how it performs as that's what your really looking for it to do.

Hi sorry it's been a day longer, I watched several YouTube tutorial videos on my iPad with the sound connected to Amplifi and it was excellent. No dropouts and everything was perfectly in sync.

All I can say really is I've bought the Amplifi 150 and I'm delighted with it I would recommend it.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Tone matching hasn't Been very successful for me but that might just be my type of music (Gospel). E.g clean song returning several death metal like tones!

Hi petepraise,

We have developed a website called "Ideascale" where users can make recommendations on all Line 6 products and even request tones for artists that they like. Though AMPLIFi gives everyone the tools to design tones for their favorite artists, we understand not everyone prefers to do so. Instead, use this link to request tones for your favorite artists or songs:

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/ideafactory.do?mode=recent&discussionFilter=byids&discussionID=47764

Thanks Joe

I'll definately check it out. It's not so much prefer as just rubbish at it but I think the Amplifi app is the best tool we've had yet. I always found my HD 500 screen a bit small (just my eyes) and the computer was never convenient but I like the app and when I get time over Christmas I'll experiment. I will find the guitar sound I really want then head to the site and request it.

Thanks again