Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500 - As USB interface with 4 outputs

Hoodzy

Hi guys,

For one of my setups I am using a HD500 as a USB interface running off mainstage on Mac. Anyway, wondering how to configure it so that I can use four outputs on the HD500. I currently just use the XLR outs, but i read that with the 500x you can route two stereo chains through the XLR and the 1/4" outs.

Hope this makes sense

I think I know what you're asking and if you are the answer is no. The short explanation is that whatever appears at the XLR outputs, appears at the 1/4" outputs. Just at different levels. You can't separate it so path A uses one set of outputs and path B uses the other. You can make it so there are two paths coming out of the HD so, for example, you could have the guitar coming out of the Left channel and a mic coming out of the right output, each with their own separate effects, but they will be mono. There's a bit more to that scenario regarding what happens to levels if you add add effects before you separate the paths (if you want two separate paths you don't) but for now, what I think you're asking is not possible.