Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

how to use downloaded patches

martinezoi

Hi, I'm new to the pod hd500. Ive been going thru the manual, searching online and vids on youtube but i'm still not quite clear as to how to transfer patches that I've downloaded from here.

When I bought my hd500, the first things that I did was download the hd500 Edit and the line 6 monkey. I updated the firmware and so on... I then started looking for patches thru the website here and download a few into a folder I created. When I plugged in hd500 to my pc and opened the hd500 edit software I was not able to find where these patches were and how to use and save them to the unit.

Can anybody help with this? thanks in advance!

drag those files into HD500 Edit and/or put them in a folder in the HD500 tones folder. I usually download to the HD500 Tones folder and create a new folder there.

After you get them into HD500 you need to save them them to the HD500 so they stick.

Oh ok! at first I didn't know what you were talking about when you said to drag the files cause I literally dragged the file to the hd500 edit and would get a message "open file with program"

So now i'm clicking and them into the set list, is that the correct way?

I'm gonna also start seeing how to save them into the POD.

How much memory or patches am I able to save onto my HD500?

Oh ok! at first I didn't know what you were talking about when you said to drag the files cause I literally dragged the file to the hd500 edit and would get a message "open file with program"

So now i'm clicking and them into the set list, is that the correct way?

I'm gonna also start seeing how to save them into the POD.

How much memory or patches am I able to save onto my HD500?

Sorry if my explanations aren't very clear. I think you are doing correctly. The window your seeing is just asking what program to open them with, select HD500 Edit. I think you can also click "open Files" in the menu in the mienu (top left) of HD500 Edit to geth them in the set list. After you get them in there you need to elect either the patches you want or the set list and "send" them to the pod. I forget the actual number of patches it holds but it A-Lott, way more than I'll ever use, LOL. The tons of memory give me much playing room.

Keep in mind "downloaded" patches may not sound very good with your rig. Some tweaking is required, usually.

Welcome to Forum, Hope you have fun with your HD.

Edited by Brazzy