Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What is midi input for?

clay-man

MIDI input on the HD500 lets you send midi commands from other sources/devices, like a DAW, to turn on/off fx, change any parameter within an fx/amp, change preset, etc etc...very useful, I use it all the time, specially playing live!

MIDI output works the other way around...the HD500 can be set to control other stuff! I use it with my DAW so I can order play, stop, skip from the POD.

I did a line 6 rig rundown video where I go lightly over the subject...may do a tutorial or something later on. The rig rundown should be online pretty soon!

• Upvote 2

On the POD HD manual, there's a list of MIDI commands that tell you what type of MIDI messages do what...for example, CC1 commands the expression pedal. On your daw, set the MIDI track to send commands over CC1, and it will control whatever the expression pedal is set to control...volume, wah, pitch, drive...whatever!

I might do a tutorial soon! I really struggled a lot and a long time to understand and program it, and there was little or no info about it, so I think I might do a tutorial to help others find what I didn't!

I did a line 6 rig rundown video where I go lightly over the subject...may do a tutorial or something later on. The rig rundown should be online pretty soon!

really hope you do post that stuff!  I too want to learn how to use midi to enhance my POD use...