Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Remote Control of Channel Volume via MIDI - POD HD500

cz-milan

Hello

as I have onboard  pedal assigned to EXP2 I used CC2 MIDI Command. Volume now can be controlled remotely by MIDI but, onboard pedal now does not affects on volume, and both red and green LEDs are lit as if external pedal was connected to POD. But it was not connected.

I connected external pedal EX-1 to POD and after that I can control volume remotely via MIDI CC and by means of external pedal as well.

But my original question concerned the remote control of AMP Model Volume .

Any other advice? :(

Milan

I'm sorry but I couldn't understand what you mean...

What exactly are u trying to do?

If you want to control amp volume, first you have to assign that parameter to the specific expression pedal you want, then it can be controlled over MIDI

O.K. You are right. Thank you. 

I need this access for my special purpose only.

I own my Old Gold POD2 and it allows direct remote access to all AMP knobs. I hoped there was a similar possibility on POD HD500.

I ve had a look to POD HD manual and there is no such possibility described there.

Milan

I connected external pedal EX-1 to POD and after that I can control volume remotely via MIDI CC and by means of external pedal as well.

If I understand you correctly, you have a volume/level parameter being controlled by Exp2, and are using CC2 to vary the value of Exp2 and nothing happens, unless you plug an expression pedal in to the HD500 when it works as expected for both the pedal and MIDI control.

I haven't had a chance to test this, but it appears to be a fault in the HD firmware to me - you should be able to control Exp2 over MIDI without having a pedal connected.

Has anybody else seen this?