Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

The Dream Rig Dilemma

Greetings!

I have what you might call Dream Rig 1.0, the HD500, JTV-69, and a DT25. Overall I am pretty happy with it. There is of course that nagging dilemma about acoustic sounds. I have the patch from radats that is a good workaround (thanks again!). However the acoustics just sound better going into a frfr speaker, for reasons we all know.

Enter the l2 speaker. Everything I have read here suggests it is great for acoustics. I look at the l2 as the dream rig 2.0. I'm wondering whether it is worth getting as a supplement to what I have. I don't want to get rid of the DT, yet I know from reading here it is a challenge to get the DT and l2 to play nice together through the L6 link. Given that I wonder if I am better off getting a regular powered speaker instead of an l2 since I just want it for acoustics and I could run the fx send on a pod patch to such a speaker. Does anyone do that and find it works well?

If you figure that out, let me know! I have both the DT25, and L2t. Have stuck with the DT mostly because my band is using the L2t's as floor monitors. But I have liked that full range sound for the acoustics. Definitely a challenge to get the JTV acoustics sounding nice and sweet through the DT25. But for electric sounds with crunchy amps, the DT25 is amazing, and I prefer it to the full range / studio direct tone.

A conundrum, since the HD500 uses the studio direct or combo poweramp as a global setting, I don't think it changes on a per-patch basis..

One solution, would be to process the 1/4" out from the JTV into the L2t without using the HD500 as an interface.

You would do something like, turn on the HD500 tuner to mute the Dt25; and use the 1/4" out from the JTV direct to the L2t.

Or possibly by inserting the 1/4" signal from the JTV into the HD500 FX return, post amp model; not sure what that would do actually might have just accidentally stumbled across a good idea..

• 1 month later...

I was having this problem and was using the 'Variax Loop Acoustic' patch from the DT bank on an HD500X but whilst the sound going from the FX Send to the Full Range speakers of the PA sounds great I've never been happy with the sound coming out of the DT on the patch.  I've backed off and backed off the volume then couldn't hear anything!  I really like Rads Acoustic patch so having a little time to play over the Holiday I've combined the two so now I get Rads great sound from the DT and the line sound via the PA (or L2) from the FX Send.  Just posted in customtone for HD500 under 'Acoustic DT'.  In case it helps....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1