Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FBV Express MKII random very loud on amp

ceqtab

Hi from Germany,

My FBV Express MKII connected on a Bogner Spider Valve MKII make Problems.

After a few minutes random the volume changes to very loud and the green volume light on the FBV flickers at that Moment.

I callibrated the FBV and set the Spider Valve MKII to factory reset with new firmware and  changed the RJ45 cable.

But the Problem is still there. I would be happy about to solve the Problem by your answer.

Herbert

In German

Hallo zusammen.

Seit längerem "schreit" nach einigen Minuten mein Spider Valve MKII in voller Lautstärke in Attacken los und die grüne Volume LED am FBV Express flackert in diesem Moment. Ich habe schon das RJ45 Kabel gewechselt, das FBV Express mehrmals neu kalibriert und am Bogner Spider Valve MKII nach Factory Reset die Firmware neu aufgespielt. Aber das Problem besteht weiterhin.

Ich würde mich sehr freuen, wenn ich hier Hilfe bekommen würde.

LG Herbert

Not sure what you mean by the 'green volume light' on the FBV, but this sounds like 'loose knob syndrome' on the amp - vibration from the volume is making the volume knob turn enough to 'wake up', the 'random' volume the amp changes to is wherever the knob is pointing to at that time.  Some people have put a rubber oring under the knob to give some resistance to the turning.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks ffbrgst,

the green LED on the fbv shows vou the selected function volume or wahwah.

I will Try your tip and say if it is solved.

In my case the volume goes very loud a few times and then normal and then after a few minutes loud again.