Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

pod hd pro x- bass tones?

liamwebster99

While you can get some pretty good bass tones with an 500/500x/pro/pro x, it is not very easy in my opinion. There are two bass amps, one based on a fender bassman and the other based on an ampeg b-15nf portaflex. But that's not to say you can't get good results by using 'non-bass' amps either. Just have to experiment. For some examples of a bass guitar (ibanez sr1205e) done on a 500x (same as pro x), check out the link in my sig.

While you can get some pretty good bass tones with an 500/500x/pro/pro x, it is not very easy in my opinion. There are two bass amps, one based on a fender bassman and the other based on an ampeg b-15nf portaflex. But that's not to say you can't get good results by using 'non-bass' amps either. Just have to experiment. For some examples of a bass guitar (ibanez sr1205e) done on a 500x (same as pro x), check out the link in my sig.

thanks man, that really helped and those youre tracks sound sweeet 

Glad to be of help and thanks for the compliment. If interested, here are some patches.

All the bass patches I use for Existence so far and made on an hd500x. They will work just fine on an Pro X as well. The weird names are just version numbers followed by the settings I used on the bass (mid eq switch, bass, mid, and treble knobs).

And a setlist of bass patches made by a member on this forum by the name of Ed_Saxman. I believe these were made on an hd500. They will also work on a Pro X.

Also, you can view these patches in an offline mode if you're anxious to get an idea of how everything sort of works by using the Pro X edit software. No need for a device. Just download it from Line 6.

Existence Bass Patches.zip

Bass Amps v3 Ed Saxman 16-Jan-2013.zip

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks to name my presets.

In any case, I think I'll update these presets soon. I found that there are a few specific parameters that really make the difference between a bass amp and a guitar one, and in that version of the presets was not quite right.

• 2 months later...

All the bass patches I use for Existence so far and made on an hd500x. They will work just fine on an Pro X as well. The weird names are just version numbers followed by the settings I used on the bass (mid eq switch, bass, mid, and treble knobs).

And a setlist of bass patches made by a member on this forum by the name of Ed_Saxman. I believe these were made on an hd500. They will also work on a Pro X.

I used the factory settings live recently through a huge Martin line array system at a big event. I was totally blown away at the sounds of the presets that are in the HD500x. I have downloaded and am anxious to try the above presets.