Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M9 Midi Programming Question

alantcurrie

Question,

My current set-up needs some help.  My rivera KR7 Knucklehead  has MIDI controlled by Rivera's Headmaster footswitch.  The Headmaster sends PC changes only.  My goal is to set a scene for each of the Headmaster's footswitches.

Example;

Headmaster footswitch 1 is Channel-1 "clean" with reverb and effects loop active. Midi PC 01 to M9 works fine for scene 2B

Headmaster footswitch 2 is Channel-1 "clean w/boost, reverb and effects loop active.  Midi PC 01 to m9 works fine for scene 1B

Problem;

The M9 will only switch scenes on channel 1 where I want 6 individual scenes for each channel ex..  (2) scenes ea for channel 1, 2, 3.  why has the M9 choosen 1B & 2B with the MIDI PC from the Headmaster? Is there a way to dedicate a seperate midi channel per scene?  The only option I haven't explored is changing the MIDI control flow.  Should the M9 send MIDI PC istead of recieve them to accomplish this?

Current hook up is, Headmaster MIDI out / M9 MIDI in.  Do I need to go M9 MIDI out / Rivera MIDI in-thru?

Hi alantcurrie,

Your Headmaster is programmable, so you can have control of the M9 using your current setup. It appears that the switches that you step on are currently programmed to Scene 2B (FS1) and Scene 1B (FS2). You can rearrange it however you like. Keep in mind the M9 has 4 "Folders" with 6 scenes in each folder (24 scenes total).

The chart on page A-2 of the M9 manual tells you what PC # changes correspond to the scenes you want to access. Simply program the Headmaster to deliver those PC # changes and assign them to the switch of your choice.

Link to M9 Manual:

http://line6.com/data/6/0a060b316ac34f0593fca717b/application/pdf/M9%20Advanced%20Guide%20-%20English%20%28%20Rev%20A%20%29.pdf