Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How you boost volume? [HD500x or External Boost Pedal via FX Loop ?]

Mastersonics

Hi 

I'm looking for some guidance as the best way to boost volume for solos and such.
Either via the HD500x internal EQ's, FX's etc or thru the FX loop via an Xotic EP Booster or any other famous booster pedals.

I have the Dream Rig [JTV69/HD500x/L2T]

Would appreciate if you can be as detailed as possible including pictures so I can visualize it better.

I'm also ordering a Trailer Trash custom board for my HD500x as my command control centerpiece, including:

1. Extra volume/expression pedal [Mission Engineering]

2. Airturn Quad bluetooth pedal: This is for my one man band show so I can control my backing tracks, lyrics scrolling via OnSong.

3. Booster/external pedal: In case this is the best option or want to add a pedal down the line.

All of this is for my one band man show and I will use pretty much everything the system offers [Electric, acoustics, alt tunings etc..,]

Looking forward for your help on this one...

thanks a lot and Happy Holidays

Charles

:)

There are many good ways to boost for solos using the HD500 without adding another pedal.  You can assign the amp channel volume to an expression pedal  and set minimum to 70 and max to 100 for example.  You can use a Boost Comp near the front of your chain with minimal drive and use the comp and output to get your levels. It may add a bit of dirt though.  You can place a studio EQ at the end of the chain and use it to boost the signal.  You will just have to try them because they all affect your sound a little and only you can say what sounds best for you...  personally I like the Boost Comp.  You even  assign all the parameters to an expression pedal for a variable boost without using a FS...

• Upvote 2

Hey radatats

thanks a lot for your help

I'm pretty much done tuning my dream rig and almost ready to hit the road FINALLY…!

I was wondering if the Xotic EP booster for example can bring a better feel/tone

I know it's all subjective and all ears are different but still would like to know from you guys...

How you like your pedalboard?

How much does it weight?

Just send an email to the tar case guy.

I'm looking to get a pedalboard for the HD500x and I'm between the Tarcase and the Trailer Trash
I would like to have everything in the pedalboard wired up so all I need to do is just plug in

thanks,
C

well honestly I can't say since I have never tried that pedal.  As for the Tarcase, its solid and weighs more than I expected but really not a lot.  Its exactly what I was looking for and a lot cheaper than the other custom pedal boards.  I don't know how you are going to set up that quad pedal, it won't fit in there. But otherwise,mine is all set up, just plug the power in, turn the power strip on, connect the VDI to the JTV and the L6 to the amp and its done, ready to play.

I'm interested to see and hear your setup when you get it finished.  Keep us posted.

Hi guys

This is a picture of what I want to do just a little cleaner with the cables.
Any ideas or recommendation are very welcome…

This setup is for my one man band show and I want to control everything from the pedalboard [Master Command Center]

I will use the following:

1. Dream Rig [JTV69/HD500x/L2T]

2. Airturn Quad pedalboard

3. LED lights

4. All cables hidden

I would also try to have the VDI connection prewired so I just have to attach a cable to the side and done.

I'm looking at this exact pedalboard [pictured] or a Trailer Trash Pro pedalboards because you can hide all the cables underneath cleanly just not sure if I can add the second tier for the Air Turn pedalboard… Still need to call them...

let me know what you think

cheers,
Charles

post-655965-0-27785200-1417451723_thumb.jpg