Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Speaker modes with mics

If I use the L6 Link with my JTV-59 into my HD500X into the L2T to change modes (Reference, acoustic guitar, electric guitar), what affect will it have on the Line 1-2 inputs.  If the speaker automatically changes the quality of the sound to match the guitar being played, will it change the quality of the vocal output and the same time?

If you intend to use the vocals and HD500 with the L2 speaker, you probably need to go about connecting them a bit differently.
Or get more speakers! I use my L2t's as monitors and sometimes mains with the band, sticking with the HD500-DT25 far as L6Link goes.

Not ideal (DT) for those acoustic tones.

Gets tricky trying to do what you want to do; you could run the HD500 in studio/direct mode, but then you lose that 'amp in room with me' vibe - that's why I prefer the DT25, and I just use the XLR out from the DT25 DI to the main mix, to the L2ts.

Anyway, studio/direct on the HD500 and build your patches to accommodate the acoustic vs electric change in sounds, and use the two XLR cables from the HD500 to the inputs on the L2, and also run the vocal mic to the L2t directly. If using two L2t speakers, Line6Link them together so they form a stereo pair.

Great recommendation ColonelForbin,

Most players prefer the "Reference/PA" setting when using guitars and vocals at the same time, so as not to change the low-mid characteristic of the vocal. In this case, it is wise to adjust your guitar patches to sound well in this full-frequency range mode.

I would just like to add that another benefit to hooking the mic up to the L2t directly, is that now you'll have access to the on-board 12-band feedback suppressor for the mic separate to the feedback suppressor of the stereo inputs on the back panel where you connect your POD 500. For example, you could disengage one or the other or have them react with different intensities.