Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problems with Pod Farm and UX1 crashing other Programs

Operating System is Windows 8.1. I use Pod Farm 2 latest version with UX1 but also use the UX1 as a soundcard for other programs. I use either Roni Amazing Slow Downer or Transcribe to rehearse, learn and practice. I also may use  Videolan VLC Media Player to watch and play against tuition videos. I use these and listen through headphones often so I need to be able to play them all into one source. Just to be clear I only use one of these other programs at a time together with Pod Farm 2.  I use the MME Drivers of the UX1 so there is no conflict with the Assio Drivers used by Pod Farm. This set up all worked fine in Vista (for many years ) but now with Windows 8.1 it works for a short time and then crashes all the time and will not work again until I re-boot the computer. All of the above progs work fine in W 8.1 when used as standalone or through other soundcards but will only work for a short time with the Pod Farm and UX1. They are all compatible versions for Wind 8.1. I have contacted Microsoft about the problems but they have referred me back to you stating that its a 3rd party Driver issue. Everything works well until I come to route the other progs through the UX1 when Pod Farm is in use. They all still work together  correctly with Vista on my old computer, so my UX1 is not the issue here. I can supply the transcript of the support I received from Microsoft. I have taken out a support ticket on this issue.

moderndayfreak- yes this appears to be a common issue and there is another forum I found about the issue its  called 'Audio in Windows 8 randomly stops working with UX2. ' Since UX1 and UX2 are basically the same with different I/O s its not surprising. It seems that the actual issue is with the operating System Windows 8 that we all have in common and it appears that either POD Farm 2 or the UX's are no longer compatible with Windows newer operating systems. It appears that Line 6 are slow to recognise and accept this, and have been even slower to try to find a solution.  What might buck up their ideas if someone was to start a Forum entitled 'DO NOT BUY POD FARM 2 OR EITHER UX1 OR UX2 BECAUSE IT JUST WILL NOT WORK CORRECTLY WITH OTHER PROGRAMS IF YOU HAVE WINDOWS 8 AS AN OPERATING SYSTEM' Maybe then we may get a fix !

By the way LINE 6 how long has Windows 8 been out and how may more musicians will consider buying your product to work on Windows Operating Systems in the future? Do the maths and then just get this issue under control !

Keep the pressure up moderndayfreak and we may get a fix !

Looking for a solution I seem to have found one @ ine6.com/support/topic/133-audio-in-windows-8-randomly-stops-working-with-ux2/

the first post explains the fix and that seems to have fixed it for me. These programs ran ok together for many hours of practicing for the first time without any red messages.

I also went to Control Panel- Sound- manage sound devices. click on the 'manage Audio Devices'

Highlight the Speakers Option then go to 'Properties'

Select 'Enhancements'

Then select disable all sound Effects 

Click OK and there you go. 

Once you have done this go to the first post in the forum mentioned above ine6.com/support/topic/133-audio-in-windows-8-randomly-stops-working-with-ux2/

then follow the further instructions given in the very first post. it has seemed to work for me.

• 6 months later...