Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

hd 500 patch downloads

markietguitar

Hey guys im new on here and i need help! How to get the patches i download to sound like the samples i hear. I run in front of my hotrod deluxe, i tried the effects loop and sounds dead on on some the downloaded patches but not for all. Also on the effects loop i don't really understand how to control the volume so that i can have the presets close in volume. If you guys could help me with setting it up correctly i would really appreciate it i wanna love my hd 500 cuz it sounds awesome on youtube thanks

Hey there!

Lets go over the FX loop first. In an amp, an FX loop is literally a point in the amps signal in-between the amps pre-amp and power amp. The FX loop is primarily used for FX such as reverbs, and delays. Running these type of effects through the FX loop will give you a cleaner, non cluttered result (depending on how much gain/distortion) as the FX loop is placed after the gain stage. Which is most likely why you have been getting a strange result.

Since you are running in front of a traditional amp I highly recommend first adjusting your output options on your POD to give you the best overall tone. This way the POD will know that its in front of a tradition amp as apposed to a Direct Input for a recording situation.

Please look over pages 2.7-2.8 of the user guide to set up your pod to its best output option. Each output option has a description which will help when choosing. http://line6.com/data/6/0a06434c6fb051e03e8ab63dc/application/pdf/POD%20HD500X%20Advanced%20Guide%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20A%20).pdf

Lastly, if you scroll through all the amp models, you'll notice they repeat but now they will end with "PRE". A regular amp model is consisted of that amps pre-amp and power amp. When you have an amp model that ends in pre, that means that its only the amp models pre-amp (which is where most the amps tone is). What is great about this in your situation is that you can run the preamp from any amp model while using your Deluxe power amp to push it. This should help with getting your tones in the right direction. Please let me know if you have any further questions!