Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How do I actually model unique tones, and what software?

Krawler

I have an MKII HD. and an FBV MKII.  what software do I need to model my own unique guitar tone? I see in the CustomTone section of the line6 site that models have been made for this same rig that I own. but I am not understanding how people are actually creating their own custom tones. ive downloaded the Line6 Monkey, Spider Valve MKII edit, and FBV control. I can edit the presets that the amp came with, and add some minor effects.... but how do I go about creating my own models?

any help would be much appreciated!

It's been a long time since I made patches for my HD but If I remember correctly the presets go up to bank 18 so maybe start around bank 20.

Open up the patch editor on your computer and select Bank 20 , then select patch "A"

I believe that will start you out with a clean slate. Just build something simple to start like a clean patch with some blue comp and chorus and reverb or whatever and experiment a bit. Then on patch "B" build an easy distorted patch usuing say a TS-9 (tubescreamer) and some delay.

Once you make something that you really like you have to hit "save" or whatever it is to keep it. It's been awhile so I can't recall all the proper terminology for that but you'll figure it out.